29scarab goes to...........Iraq >

29scarab goes to...........Iraq

Notices

29scarab goes to...........Iraq

Old 06-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 29scarab goes to...........Iraq

Okay guys Shawn got back with me and said that he is still 3 hours away from Bagdad so he is okay...THANK GOD!!!

I was worried sick so I could only imagine how his fiance' is after seeing all the bad news on the TV...I just wish all this Iraq BS would be over very very soon
Old 06-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey bro's!!!!

I'm here hanging out having a F#*#*#IN' blast. We have had a lot of fighters flying over in the past couple of days. Seems someone had a rumor of missile or mortar attacks on the plants. We have had nothing yet , but will keep you guys informed!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! for the post!!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:48 AM
Registered

Hey everybody, Thanks for the concern. It has been pretty quiet here in our camp the last few days. We have had about 70-80 soldiers from the Big Red One staying with us to run some patrols in the neighborhood. They have the coolest toys! Blackhawks, Bradley Fighting vehicles with a 25 mm (high rate of firepower) gun. Humvees with 50 Cal BMG and Mark 19 grenade launchers. Some of the nicest young men and women you will ever meet. It was sure nice to see a female in camp too even if she was carrying an M-16! Lots of low flying helicopters and jets the last few days. We are really glad the US military is keeping watch over us. Unfortunately they are pulling out this morning so we are back to our normal contingent of security protection. The Army comes in every day for chow but it makes us sleep a little better knowing they are in camp all night with the heavy metal!

29 Scarab, You guys dodged a bullet last night literally! One of my guys saw a missile come streaking in from the direction of Bayji right over the power plant and impact on the hillside across the river. It was a little before sunset just as he was locking up everything at the job site. He said it was so far away he just heard a poof instead of a boom. He said it was so freakin fast that it was amazing. He got a really good view of how it arc'd in with a white trail of smoke behind it. We didn't even get an alarm over here from our crack security personnel. Anyway stay safe and keep your kevlar at hand!
Attached Thumbnails 29scarab goes to...........Iraq-army-camp.jpg   29scarab goes to...........Iraq-general-inbound-3.jpg  
Old 06-15-2004, 02:55 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Half Fast,

Were the last to hear about things over hear. They don't want to alarm us with anything. We are building a bomb shelter in camp right now. There going to stick a sea container underground with concrete and sndbags across the top. I told them I would sell tickets. We run out,,,,your on your own!! HA!HA!

Stay safe over their!!!! Half Fast!

Thanks for al the posts guys!!
Old 06-17-2004, 07:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Looks like they killed another 35 Iraqis .They were in line at the recruiting office to sign up for the new army. A SUV drove in to them with a bunch of artillery shells in back. Thank goodness I'm way the hell out here 3 hours from town.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Registered

Good luck and stay safe!Later, Dave
Old 06-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Registered

You guys are Brave, good luck and come home safe our thoughts are with you