I survived lake cumber(trash)land >

I survived lake cumber(trash)land

Notices

I survived lake cumber(trash)land

Old 06-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I survived lake cumber(trash)land

Were you on the north end? I was down 2 weeks ago. Ran the entire lake. From burnside to conley bottom, there was alot of junk. Once I past jamestown, there was very little. I understand that last week the south end had an increase but was still boatable.

The lake is usually clear by this time of year but with the rain it may be a couple more weeks.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Registered

rocky you will notice that i checked boat first before posting any info or pics that would void a claim.

"you see i was boating along in crystal clear waters and than all of a sudden this giant turd popped out and sank my boat."
Old 06-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Registered

What markings gave way to human turd? Corn dots? Might have been a big dog ie: Great Dane, St Bernard, Newfoundland, oh and big Standard Poodle!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Registered

Was turd moving? Could have been a brown trout.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Registered

Yzbert, I'm surprised you didn't grab that turd thinking it was a Baby Ruth candy bar!
Old 06-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we're down there, we take a small chain saw to cut up driftwood for bonfires. You should see the size of our bonfires. Plenty of fuel for sure.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I assure you that people who have boated all over the country agree that Lake Cumberland ranks right at the top of the list of fresh water lakes in the US. It's 101 miles long, has 1200 miles of shoreline, averages over 100 feet deep, and is situated in a valley surrounded by beautiful shale and limestone tree-lined cliffs. In the late summer and fall the water visibility approaches 30 feet.

However, the fact that the Governor of Kentucky is asking the President of the United States to declare portions of Kentucky a disaster area because of the severe weather should tell anyone that the runoff into the lake has the debris levels at unusually high levels. The lake was already at high levels because of the spring rain when these latest storms raised the level of the lake back above the tree line. When that happens all kinds of stuff gets picked up off the banks and washed into the lake. As long as the severe storms hold off the water clarity should begin to clear and be back to its normally beautiful state in a few weeks.

Usually, by late June many boaters travel the distance of the lake at night with little worry of hitting anything. And if you do consider a visit to Cumberland, I'd advise staying on the west end of the lake. The water quality is better, there are more and better coves to hang out in, and it has the dam for racing and the legendary 76 falls for those who want a party atmosphere.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to slam the lake. Every time I've been down there it's been great. But there is usually stuff in the water around Memorial Day. I wouldn't want to travel far at night.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

never been there ,so is all the debris from storms that create that mess?? where does the debris go?? i thought the lake was a interior lake that didn't drain into any rivers???
Old 06-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just 40 minutes away is beautiful Dale Hollow. Have boated there for 17 years and the worst it gets is a couple of tree limbs to dodge in April. Plenty of great cove skiing and houseboat chillin. We just splashed our new Lightning which we bought from Randy at Lake Cumberland Marine...Had never been on LC until we started test driving boats with Randy....It was scary the amount of floaties...

Come on over to the Hollow, you'll love it.
Attached Thumbnails I survived lake cumber(trash)land-hpim0547.jpg  

Quick Reply: I survived lake cumber(trash)land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.