Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I survived lake cumber(trash)land (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80927-i-survived-lake-cumber-trash-land.html)

yzbert 06-09-2004 11:17 AM

I survived lake cumber(trash)land

3 Attachment(s)
first visit down there, not real impressed. water up 20-25 feet so logs and trees everywhere. not usually like this iam told. will never go back in the spring that is for sure. here are some pics taht i took.

yzbert 06-09-2004 11:19 AM

Re: I survived lake cumber(trash)land

3 Attachment(s)
when the water goes down lake clears i was told

yzbert 06-09-2004 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
there was a set of four tires rims and all, a refrigerator door (did not know they floated), a human turd even floated by(did not get pic of that sorry)

Tantrum 06-09-2004 11:25 AM

Whooo
I wouldnt have even launched my boat in that.
I dont want to hear any S about the Hudson here either.

Im glad you "survived" it doesnt look like it was an easy feat :drink:

yzbert 06-09-2004 11:27 AM

boat is in one piece though, long drive had fun with the people that we were with, beautiful house boats that they owned. great skiing, hit something every time that i was out with the ski. real scary out there lots of junk floating below the surface.

asked at the marina if i could dump the porta potty in toilet and was told sure either there or on the side of the hill if no one was looking.

rich allen 06-09-2004 11:30 AM

Now you know where the turds are coming from. Sweet !

rich allen 06-09-2004 11:34 AM

Maybe your supposed to pour your bottle of porta potti solution right into the water before you launch??? Wouldnt that work just as well?

Steve_H 06-09-2004 11:36 AM

when does it clear up?
want to visit there someday.
looks like beautiful scenery other then the stuff in the water.

hp500efi 06-09-2004 11:55 AM

oh boy, Norty will have a field day with this one....

I agree, would have been tough, but probably stayed on the trailer with all that $hit floating along...

Rocky 06-09-2004 11:56 AM

Let's see here, Grand Haven on Memorial Day (rained all weekend + homos), next trip to Lake Cumberturd (high water with all kinds of crap floating). What don't you understand about staying home and boating in the most beautiful waters in the United States? With your track record, I hope you will not be home over July 4 and the last two weeks of July when I visit your area. Oh, and I almost forgot this, there is a turd damage exclusion on your boat policy.