More aggravation on Lake George!!!! >

More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Notices

More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Old 06-01-2004, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

With less than 3 hours of acual seat time on Lake George I already have my first ticket of the season. On Sunday I was having lunch at the Algonquin with Heath from the demo race (new Slingshot with 780 Cobra's and surface drives- SWEET), when no less than 5 times did the LGPA drive directly up to the back of our boats and just stay parked there for 5 to ten minutes. When they finally saw some other prey ( Ron Abott in his Slingshot) I decided to make my break. I tied up with some friends in Log Bay for about an hour and then headed for the Boathouse. After a couple drinks I decided to head for the trailer. So I'm tied up at the marina and go to get my trailer, when I return I notice an En-Con officer talking to my girlfriend. He informs me that we need to talk when I'm done loading my boat. He ticketed me for 67 in a 45, but explained to me numerous time that"it is no big deal,doesn't go on my licence or my insurance, just a fine. I'm so f#%*&#@* tired of Lake George. I informed him that it is a big deal and I won't just bend over and pay their fine! Get your pencil ready because I will be requesting a supporting deposition and we will go to trial, but not before I cancel 3 or 4 times just to waste their time also. Does anyone know a lawyer in this region that will fight a ticket? I'm not intersted in a plea to a lesser charge I want to aggravate them like they have aggravated me. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Registered

Default Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Maybe the ticket is your yearly dues to the cop funds and after that would they leave you alone? Till next year of course....2005
Old 06-01-2004, 07:39 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Chuck they don't care it's not they're money, it's yours however.

Check these pics out...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=80291

Went thru 250 gallons from Friday to Monday and we did not see ONE cop, except the coast guard pulling someone in. Also hit 80.3 MPH in 2 footers on fumes!

I'm still working on Quebec city you still going?
Attached Thumbnails More aggravation on Lake George!!!!-img_0135a.jpg  
Old 06-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Registered

Sorry to here that. I thought with Officer Dung of the lake you were going to have a better year.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Chuck,

I was out yesterday and Sunday on Sacandaga and there were 2 Sheriffs boats and one State troppers boat. I saw all of them numerous times and everytime I gave them a wave they just waved back at me. Seemed to be very understanding. I had my Top Gun with the loud exhaust right next to them and didn't seem to phase them at all. I also made a few runs of 86mph (on GPS speedo) and I didn't have any problems with them. I heard they were new this year and I wasn't sure what to expect, but so far they seem to be respectful and understanding. I hope that continues. Good luck with the ticket. I just hope it doesn't cost to much to fight it and that there won't be any reprecutions (sp) next time out on the lake from them.

Chris

Last edited by EvilTwin; 06-01-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Registered

Chuck,

That SUCKS! What happened to Ron? I would DEFINITELY fight it! How do they KNOW you were going that fast because radar is NOT accurate on water! Give me a call.

Shane
Old 06-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Gl, I am still going to Quebec,fee is paid,hotel reservation made. I am taking the boat to Stern Drive Spec. tonite to have the Sportmasters installed. Quebec will be their break in. LOL. Getting back to Lake George though, I think I am going to give up the battle and find a new body of water to boat on. As far as the ticket goes though I would still like some referals.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shane, I didn't get your message till today. I was up north on Mon. at Aaron's party and my cell won't work up there. I'll call you later today and talk about hte ticket. I'll have lots of time to kill on my way out to Syracuse
Old 06-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
With less than 3 hours of acual seat time on Lake George I already have my first ticket of the season. On Sunday I was having lunch at the Algonquin with Heath from the demo race (new Slingshot with 780 Cobra's and surface drives- SWEET), when no less than 5 times did the LGPA drive directly up to the back of our boats and just stay parked there for 5 to ten minutes. When they finally saw some other prey ( Ron Abott in his Slingshot) I decided to make my break. I tied up with some friends in Log Bay for about an hour and then headed for the Boathouse. After a couple drinks I decided to head for the trailer. So I'm tied up at the marina and go to get my trailer, when I return I notice an En-Con officer talking to my girlfriend. He informs me that we need to talk when I'm done loading my boat. He ticketed me for 67 in a 45, but explained to me numerous time that"it is no big deal,doesn't go on my licence or my insurance, just a fine. I'm so f#%*&#@* tired of Lake George. I informed him that it is a big deal and I won't just bend over and pay their fine! Get your pencil ready because I will be requesting a supporting deposition and we will go to trial, but not before I cancel 3 or 4 times just to waste their time also. Does anyone know a lawyer in this region that will fight a ticket? I'm not intersted in a plea to a lesser charge I want to aggravate them like they have aggravated me. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck, call my good good friend Tom Dinovo of Oconnell and Aronowitz in Albany @ 462-5601 He usually doesnt handle traffic stuff, but is MORE than capable of taking care of this for you. He comes up on my boat a couple times a year and was up last weekend. Talk to him or his sectretary Jackie and tell your story and let them know you are a good friend of mine. He wont hurt you at all with $$ and he can play the game

Last edited by OTIS311; 06-01-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Bob!!! I will call him today.

Quick Reply: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.