Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Drive Shower's,, who has them, who's had problems ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81008-drive-showers-who-has-them-whos-had-problems.html)

Chris288 06-10-2004 12:21 PM

Drive Shower's,, who has them, who's had problems ?

I Have a new Simrek drive shower (non-halo) ready to install, just curious if anyone has had problems with cavitaion, or speed loss, with this type of shower, before I drill holes in my brand new drive.. Thanks ...

bikinilover 06-10-2004 12:42 PM

Re: Drive Shower's,, who has them, who's had problems ?

1 Attachment(s)
I have an Eddie Marine and have prop blowout sometimes. Never done it before I installed it.

Chris288 06-10-2004 01:10 PM

Thats what I'm afraid of,,, trying to get some opinions before I Install it..

GLH 06-10-2004 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had Simrek on our Cafe Racer,

The ones I had were adjustable, the instruction said to put them as low as you can with out experiencing blowout.

mjpcowboy 06-10-2004 01:33 PM

No problems at all.

Clay Washington 06-10-2004 02:08 PM

I have a Halo on my boat since 2000, and I have had zero problems.

Chris288 06-10-2004 02:16 PM

Thanks guys,, my simrek is NOT adjustable,, it has rings welded around it to set the height.. guess I will try it and see,,, filling two half inch holes and some phantom black spray paint, is NO big deal anyway..

Tantrum 06-10-2004 02:19 PM

If its too deep you can grind or cut the bottom.

Everything is adjustable :drink:

97BossHammer 06-10-2004 02:29 PM

I have one I picked up off ebay.....no problems thus far.

Thunder32 06-10-2004 02:31 PM

Chris-

I had the Halo on my old A?T with no problems. I currently have the Shower caps by Eddies on the newer boat.
By testing them with a hose, I think the Simerek design does produce more water over the entire upper drive area better than the other.
I have (2) of the Simereks in the garage that will fit on MM steering with the adjustable tips. (have Imco on the existing boat).
So, if you know anyone needing the showers, or if you want to try the tips only later, give me a call, and I'll ship them to you (free).... with help an OSO brother anytime.

Adam
cell# 540-847-3124