Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81069-stupidest-thing-you-have-ever-done-while-boating.html)

GLH 06-11-2004 08:19 AM

Re: STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating...

Originally Posted by Chris288
WHILE BOATING !!! means you already made that mistake... :p :p :D

The second, third, forth and fifth boat then.

Chris288 06-11-2004 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
The second, third, forth and fifth boat then.

I guess some guys NEVER learn... :stupid: :D :D

Wellby 06-11-2004 08:26 AM

If we did'nt have boats... then we could'nt have all this fun :rolleyes: :D

MitchStellin 06-11-2004 08:33 AM

Taking non boating people on the boat...it is worse than babysitting. :rolleyes:

C_Spray 06-11-2004 08:39 AM

#1: Buying stuff based on price instead of quality. R-E-A-L-L-Y dumb.
#2: Tried to save a docking attempt gone wrong by applying more power.
#3: Disabled the boat to work on an engine before insuring that the anchor had a good set.
#4: Headed off to a Poker Run 3 hours away knowing I had a "slight" problem with a battery switch.
#5: GLH had this one - Bought boats #2, #3, #4, and #5.
#6: Already thinking about which boat I want to be boat #6.

mr_velocity 06-11-2004 08:57 AM

Picked up two models at Pier 34 in NYC, took pictures. Wife found them.....

Naturally if I still had them, the pics, they would be posted in the uncensored section :D

MitchStellin 06-11-2004 08:59 AM

I think we have all learned the buying something based on price trick. You get what you pay for, I no longer shop price, just service and quality. That alone is enough work. My boat #2 was my undoing, almost soured me forever on go fast boats.

Wally 06-11-2004 09:00 AM

This didnt happen to me but a buddy of mine. First time on a boat and first time at LOTO!!! He is so sensory overloaded that he cant think straight most of the day.....anyway we give these two girls a ride back to TanTara resort and pull up to the docks for what i hopeing to be a touch and go.......but this brainiack decides he needs to say good bye to the girls :D He hops on the rear corner of the sun deck and grabs the dock........the boat is SLOWLY drifing....the girls get off and he starts talking and trying to keep the boat in place.........boat starts drifting farther away fromm dock......dummy starts to extend his arms and then legs.....then body......next thing ya know i look and he is COMPLETELY HORIZONTAL!!! It looked like a cartoon character holding on for dear life with his fingers and toe's!!! LMAO! ........then the inevitable........SPLASH!!!!! and he comes to the surface with this look of terror and disbeliefe of what just happened.............we still laugh our a$$'s off talking about it :D :D :D

Chris288 06-11-2004 09:07 AM

I would like to know who the Genius is who first thought it would be a good idea to put an anchor locker at the end of a long, pointy, waxed, slippery piece of fiberglass, while bouncing around in wavy seas, with no grab handle ???

Downtown42 06-11-2004 09:40 AM

I fell off my boat on my 10 yr high school reunion. Broke my left foot and had to have a friend drive the black corvette convertible with 6 spd I had (only till we sold the car, I was in the biz-demo).

5yrs ago a HTM dealer's 24' with 800hp I was on and dunked with office clothes, tie and wingtips. Trying to be a hero and leaped to the dock. Wingtips took like 2 weeks to dry. They kind of felt funny also.

There's a lot more but I don't want to bore you.