Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating... >

STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating...

Notices

Old 01-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating...

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42

Where should I start?

My most embarrassing time was; I just got done tieing up to other boats at a very popular hang out. People everywhere! I was sitting on the bow adjusting a rope. I slipped off the bow of the boat and went overthe side. Only problem my shorts got caught on the cleat and i ended up hanging off the side with the worst weggie in the history of the world. Even worse, I couldn't get myself off so I had to be lifted off. To make it even worse there was a boat with about 20 HOT women 20 feet way. all very sympathetic but I'm sure were laughing their asses off inside!! I was never so mortified in my life!!
Pretty similar circumstances only was loading on the trailer and it wasn't my shorts that got caught on the cleat!
Yup, you guessed it. Fortunately only the wife there, she was very sympathetic. So were the ER doc and nurse.

Hope this made your day Charlie
Old 01-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nashpda
Pretty similar circumstances only was loading on the trailer and it wasn't my shorts that got caught on the cleat!
Yup, you guessed it. Fortunately only the wife there, she was very sympathetic. So were the ER doc and nurse.

Hope this made your day Charlie
Isnt sharing fun!!! Like the picture you shared of me in Angies dress, severely intoxicated. My dad was real proud of that!

Old 01-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
ever think about the catch and release program??? fish dont go bad that way.....
yep I catch em

They release me LOL
Old 01-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NeedRide
Isnt sharing fun!!! Like the picture you shared of me in Angies dress, severely intoxicated. My dad was real proud of that!

Ok I gues we're even. But remember, I still have that picture!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Tunnel boat race in Massachusetts...1975 or so. I have my new Lifeline Parachute Life Jacket on....... The kind that's supposed to slow you to under 60 mph before allowing you to enter the water feet first.....

I hook violently in turn one..... and exit through the cockpit wall...stage right (my helmet serving as a nice nose cone)...straight down into the water. My body goes down head first and surfaces feet first back up onto the deck of the Molinari...which has stopped VERY abruptly. I am floundering in the water and realise that the parachute deployed and left a trail for me to follow back to the cockpit. I climb back in and realise that my fully tied sneaker/driving shoe is still sitting on the throttle pedal (This was a very ballistic incident). The kill switch worked as did all my safety apparel, including the ballistic vest I wore beneath my driving suit....... That's the good news.

I am wet, angry, and eager to get the boat back to the pits for some makeshift repair........

I am confronted with...for the first time in my life...a wet parachute dangling from the back of my shoulders.....so...I stuff it behind my back in the drivers seat...and I make a semi high speed (at least 90) blast down the back stretch..toward the pits. The parachute apparently didn't like the view and migrated upward from behind my back to get a better look........ until the wind caught it .

For the second time in mere moments..the boat and I decelerated abruptly....and I barely hung on and stayed aboard......

When I got to the pits......and was hauled out on my trailer....a very rapid process in tunnel boat racing....there wasn't a dry eye in the area.

I never used that parachute jacket again.

T2x
Old 01-16-2007, 12:33 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Tunnel boat race in Massachusetts...1975 or so. I have my new Lifeline Parachute Life Jacket on....... The kind that's supposed to slow you to under 60 mph before allowing you to enter the water feet first.....

I hook violently in turn one..... and exit through the cockpit wall...stage right (my helmet serving as a nice nose cone)...straight down into the water. My body goes down head first and surfaces feet first back up onto the deck of the Molinari...which has stopped VERY abruptly. I am floundering in the water and realise that the parachute deployed and left a trail for me to follow back to the cockpit. I climb back in and realise that my fully tied sneaker/driving shoe is still sitting on the throttle pedal (This was a very ballistic incident). The kill switch worked as did all my safety apparel, including the ballistic vest I wore beneath my driving suit....... That's the good news.

I am wet, angry, and eager to get the boat back to the pits for some makeshift repair........

I am confronted with...for the first time in my life...a wet parachute dangling from the back of my shoulders.....so...I stuff it behind my back in the drivers seat...and I make a semi high speed (at least 90) blast down the back stretch..toward the pits. The parachute apparently didn't like the view and migrated upward from behind my back to get a better look........ until the wind caught it .

For the second time in mere moments..the boat and I decelerated abruptly....and I barely hung on and stayed aboard......

When I got to the pits......and was hauled out on my trailer....a very rapid process in tunnel boat racing....there wasn't a dry eye in the area.

I never used that parachute jacket again.

T2x
Sounds like your basic training for the Oklahoma Air Guards...
Old 01-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating...

I was at my girlfriends lake house this past summer. I was inside the boat doing some cleaning on the interior. I went to get out of the boat and steped on the 4'' of top deck towards the back left side of the hull. When i brought up my other foot to step up i lost balance and fell right between the boat and dock. Luckly i did not break anything and was fine. I thanked god and the angels for watching my dumb ass that day!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:41 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Sounds like your basic training for the Oklahoma Air Guards...
Is that near Oklerhomer?
Old 01-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,065 Likes on 281 Posts

Loaded 3 girls in the Hawk with me

Wouldnt get on plane but I still had fun!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I managed to throw me and my sponsor out of the boat at cocktail cove. No life jacket , no kill switch , we were only going 30 mph. A lesson learned - wear jackets and use your lanyards.

Quick Reply: STUPIDEST thing you have ever done, while boating...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.