Notices

She is Home

Old 06-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She is Home

After almost two weeks in Joliet, IL my baby is back. She had 3 broken legs on the Trailer that had to be replaced. The trouble was getting the axles, they had to be made, and when we looked deeper we could find another crack starting. There is a hole in the middle of the axle for electric brake wires, since it is in the middle it would fill the axle with water and it had no place to go. Over 9 years is rusted the bottom of the axle to paper thin and it let go on the highway. The one just behind it was cracked also and was next. The place that did this was Joliet Suspension Inc. These guys were great, they were very fair and did a great job. The axles were 688 for 3 so I figured 400 per axle with labor and that is where we ended up. That and 2 new tires, 12 U bolts and labor and I was out at 1500. Now I have 3 new 6000lb axles and the boat is safe in my Garage. One more note....I feel sorry for you guys that live in the Chicago/Indiana/Illinois area. Never have I seen more Construction, horrible roads and worse drivers. I vowed last night to never take this boat South of Saugatuck again. I hit some bumps that were so bad that if I had seen a County guy I would have used him for fill in the hole. I have never in my life seen roads so bad. There is no doubt the other axle would have snapped on some of these bumps. Now it is clean time, I started last night but still have hours to bring it back from its visit to IL. I even had the guys there open the cover on nice days to help it dry and it worked. If you ever need trailer work you have to call these guys. 815-729-0356. Now back to boating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts
Default Re: She is Home

Glad to see you have her home safely. I saw pics of her in the AT forum, she is a beautiful looking boat.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

Good to hear Mitch.....and your right about the roads here in IL......but for the most part it all depends on where you are traveling through IL. I've seen daylight under the bunks of my 30' Scarab once towing it to LOTO when i hit what i thought was a flat VW bug!!! Either that or a meteor punched a hole in the road at one point!!!!! I thought for sure i was going to loose the boat but i made it through For all the road work they do around here and all the money they colect from the tolls it shouldnt be this bad......but it is

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yea, you definetly do need your head about you when traveling through Chicago! If you want some fun, try towing that thing through the loop!
Old 06-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Registered

Good boy. Now go get some tractor parts
Old 06-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Registered

Hey Rookie, you get to GH much? What are you running? I will be there this weekend, if you ever need a ride call me or PM me here. Wally, if I did not have a 9000lb truck some of those bumps....and I use that term loosely.... would have jack knifed me as the boat wanted to lurch forward. I am sure it left the trailer a time or two. Going there was the worse because I was stuck in traffic for an hour and I was running out of time before they closed. I made it but with 1/2 hour to spare. I even had to set things up while they closed, you know air in the truck tires, air bags, and make sure all was secure. Hey Cord, I have your chain, when I make a crossing I will deliver it. I think UPS would be $500 with that weight. It is still in one piece too
Old 06-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Registered

Tractor Parts? Them are fightin words, if I knew what you were talking about.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea!!!now when do I get a ride????I know you called...just razzin you! I'll be ready real soon! The motor is ready to run on the floor when I get home from vaction the 20th. a day to rigg and I'm ready to rock!
Old 06-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Registered

Will you be around this weekend? I will be out and about all weekend. Funny thing I just remembered. I know I had a 1/4 tank of fuel and now they are on E!!! Maybe because it is nose down the fuel went to the front, I can't imagine someone siphoning it, It is hard to get a hose to the bottom of the tanks. Oh well, it was only about 20 gals in each side.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

Mitch,
I run a 30' Scarab Panther. I try to live in GH, or Muskegon all summer. I am going be there this weekend if all goes right. I just put all new lifters in, I will be breaking in the lifters tonight. And if all goes well I will be in GH tomorrow. And then Sunday I will be taking her to the Shop to get a full paint job. I might need that ride next week.

Jason

Quick Reply: She is Home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.