Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The first Skater....from the way back machine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81112-first-skater-way-back-machine.html)

Steve 1 06-14-2004 06:19 PM

Re: The first Skater....from the way back machine

"For those of you who appreciate talent over graphics" T2x

Very Impressive!!!

Ed 06-16-2004 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
I may be wrong, but I believe the 24 came next.......and the 21 shortly after.

T2x

Yup...That was the correct sequence. By the way...That silly little 18' Skater did'nt run so bad with a 2.4 Mod VP carb motor. I spun a 24" Chopper with the motor as high as it would go & still get water pressure. Fun little ride, but short lived, as the next ride was a 21' with twin 150XR2's. Ed :)

Ed 06-16-2004 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
I see that they kept the same cockpit size thru there entire model production!!! :D:D:D

Nice rig.

GLH...That's about it too...! That's funny! Ed :)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-16-2004 09:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GLH
I see that they kept the same cockpit size thru there entire model production!!! :D:D:D

Nice rig.

Oh come on now GLH, They made a lil' more room for some guages & stuff... :D

hugetime1 06-16-2004 10:18 PM

hey that first pic, i was there at thast event, i was riding with shane in his 24 skater

Firewalker 06-17-2004 09:59 AM

At home somewhere I have pictures of the Skater(s) before that one. The pictures are from 1978 ish in Toronto Canada, long pond center island, at the world waterski championships..... Pete built the dingys for picking up the skiers....... and some patrol boats, and the new 18 was there on display. And if memory serves they were still built in Canada at the time. I was 4 at the time so I am going on what my dad told me.
I will try and post them monday.

RT

T2x 06-17-2004 11:46 AM

Peter's brother Doc Hledin created a 6 carb manifold for Mercury's race v-6 outboards and marketed them and other mods under his Machma company banner.......

Quite a talented pair.

T2x

Firewalker 06-17-2004 11:47 AM

yup, I have 2 of them....... you ought to see his 2.7 run, had a 32 skater running 133 with them..... in heavy pleasure version.

RT

JnT 06-17-2004 01:02 PM

Damn.I saw one of these for 500 bucks a few years ago.It was ugly.I thought the owner was BSing about it being a Skater.(kicking self in ass repeatedly)

RVRCAT28 06-17-2004 07:25 PM

I thought the 6-carb manifolds and the twin spark plug heads were from PTR (Performance Thru Research), which was Dr. Alex. We ran the heads on many different Mercs, including Champ motors and T-3's. Can you add anything Rich?