Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why wont anyone buy my boat? >

Why wont anyone buy my boat?

Notices

Why wont anyone buy my boat?

Old 06-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why wont anyone buy my boat?

I've had plenty of calls, several who came over to see it (in a much lower price range) but still no one willing to sign an offer. It's just a tough market (although one guy did offer me half of what it's listed for).

-Greg
Old 06-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray, I can add it to the web site and Fred at Trick is doing the same thing on his. May help with exposure and cost you nothing.
Email me at [email protected] if you want me to add it to the site.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

I'd give ya 60K for it.................It's all I can afford..... Great looking boat I hope you get it sold soon.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Registered

Used performance market is tough. My neighbor just traded his 31 Formula for a 37, 0% interest for 2 years, 4% there after. You get free money with new boats so people are just trading (trading in) up every couple of years.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:57 PM
John NY

Boat looks really sweet!

Not sure how many places you have listed your boat. You may want to try here: www.yachtworld.com. There are several 47' lightnings listed.

Unfortunately, the larger the price the less liquid it is. Dropping the price to some point will increase the liquidity. The only way to get out right away is probably as a trade-in on a new boat, but definitely won't get top dollar.

John

Old 06-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=PokerRunGunT/S]The 47 Fountains are a hard sell. I know a guy that has had his 2000 for sale for 2 1/2 years now. It's priced well too.QUOTE]

I gotta think if it was priced right, it would have sold in 2 1/2 years. The buyer dictates what "well priced" is. Not slammin' anyone. Just the free market at work.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

WOW thanks for all the responces! All good points. I had it in boat trader for 3 months but the ad just ran out and I need to re-new. I figured I would post it here first and maybe some one would buy it that appreciates it for what it is.

A little back ground, It was a bank repo that the engines and drives wer gone, I bought it that way with the intention re-rigging it and using it myself. Since then things with my life have changes significantly and I am forced to sell it. It has nothing to do with the boat itself, honestly I hate to sell it.

If some one wants to seriously talk about it I can be reached at 248-628-6593 x 111 (office)
Old 06-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=h2owarrior]
Originally Posted by PokerRunGunT/S
The 47 Fountains are a hard sell. I know a guy that has had his 2000 for sale for 2 1/2 years now. It's priced well too.QUOTE]

I gotta think if it was priced right, it would have sold in 2 1/2 years. The buyer dictates what "well priced" is. Not slammin' anyone. Just the free market at work.
I agree. but it's priced the exact same as Raypanics. Considering what they cost new, thats quite a discount.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raypanic
No calls hardly at all. I need to sell soon, I just lowered the price again! Am I missing something here? It it too big, use too much gas? bad timing?

RAY
I was just thinking the same thing about ours. A couple of emails is all we have received. Going to try some of the suggestions listed here.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Big boat , big power , big price , high gas..........REALLY bad timing

Quick Reply: Why wont anyone buy my boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.