Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cigarette Tiger at Dick Simon >

Cigarette Tiger at Dick Simon

Notices

Cigarette Tiger at Dick Simon

Old 06-15-2004, 11:52 PM
SoCalOffshore

Default Re: Cigarette Tiger at Dick Simon

It has been my experience that Dick Simon is always overpriced.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalOffshore
It has been my experience that Dick Simon is always overpriced.
I'll second that!
1998 232 Islander 7.4 (got the 25 OL)
Tow Rig
04 Excursion EB PSD 4x4 6" lift 35's
MY PICS: http://community.webshots.com/user/skygod73
Old 06-16-2004, 01:45 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
Took a few spins in that blue Tiger with Stinson at the helm in Miami a few winters ago.....ran strong....ran LOUD!
I remember that day!! that's the day Stinson dropped Dick's (Dick Simon) credit card in the water at the gas dock and a diver went under to get it.

The owners of that boat are tremendously wealthy, so offer a lower price if you are interested. I think they paid around $700k for that thing brand new with the trailer. It has not been kept up very well where it is at. It does need some TLC. It always ran pretty damn good though. I do know that the fuel tank has been replaced at least once (I believe by Stinson) Stinson would know more about this boat than anyone, even the owners.

I bet the trailer needs some brakes too. I brought that Tiger back from Miami after the show that year and it had no brakes on that trailer, thank god I had a dually with some big brakes.

"Oh beehave" was just purchased by a friend of mine. The motors will be finished in about 1 month from now. that thing is going to be bad.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 06-16-2004 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:53 AM
Registered

If I ever had the money to buy something like that, I would look REAL HARD at Lipship for no other reason than Phil's reputation from what I've read by many people in this board.

I always check his "in stock" info, in case I hit the lottery I know where my first stop will be.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:25 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
If I ever had the money to buy something like that, I would look REAL HARD at Lipship for no other reason than Phil's reputation from what I've read by many people in this board.
I always check his "in stock" info, in case I hit the lottery I know where my first stop will be.
I can personally vouch for that.
Also from talking to Phil last week his "In Stock" website his neat but he says most of the boat he gets are sold before they even make it to the website. If your genuinely interested in some of his rigs I would talk to him and tell him what your looking for, I bet he can hook you up. And the service is tremendous.
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Tiger at Dick Simon-03-1024.jpg  
Old 06-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

It's not a Tiger but I just brought Phil an awsome 2003 38 TG that is loaded with options and is flawless, it belongs to a freind of mine who got it last spring and it flys with just 525's.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
Wonder who the diphuck was that could not get his azz to the bottom to get it the first time....

Hint...................Poodle!
Old 06-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The name of the boat is "Mind if I smoke". And considering that Sean is going to show a little class by staying silent, I will pipe up.
Mind If I Smoke was the best 42 Tiger of its time. It was a masterpiece. No expense was spared while it was being built and to give a compliment, Sean earned his keep when that boat was made. The family that owns the boat is in fact wealthy. But I should add that they are also very nice people to deal with. And, they do not just give away money. So that should end the "Make any offer" myth. This particular family had many Cigarettes built within a short period of time, all of them spectacular in their own way. Mind If I Smoke had a little sister (30'Mystique) that I sold a little over a year ago. It had the same House of colors paint, Leather dash, custom colored drives, Myco trailer etc. I sold this boat to a great family in Chicago. The boat was not just given away.
Back to the 42.
Unfortunately after Sean left DSM the boat was treated like a redheaded stepchild. Sean did not do the fuel tank. As a matter of fact, it would have been better if chimps did the work. The floor and tanks were pulled and the boat was left (Uncovered) outside in the rain with everything exposed (Wires, rigging, etc.).
Nobody from Cigarette was ever present for the refit. I watched this from start to attempted finish. The boat was then put back together and was ready for sea trail. The owner of DSM (Not Dick, he sold it by then) took his wife and a six pack for the sea trail (Not one single mechanic). About 10 minutes after the couple was launched a call came in that a number of alarms went off. The boat was pulled in and put under a cover, I don't know if it was even flushed at that point. A few weeks later I found a ripped cover and white paint on the boat while walking the lot. It matched a rip in the cover of a white 35 Fountain in the spot next to it. The Fountain had been pushed into the Tiger by forklift and left a nice 5" gouge in the side of the Cig.
I am sure the poor owners of the boat have never heard any of these facts about there boat and damage history. I doubt that the boat would pass a decent survey without going back to the factory (Unless it already has). Just as Sean did, I left DSM within a month of this happening cutting my involvement with a company that abuses the trust of there clients. As for the price, I am sure if you look at the rest of the boats offered by the illustrious group at DSM you will find the prices all mathimatically match (High Retail + 10% Broker fee added on).
If I really wanted that boat (Which could honestly be a beautiful boat again with the help of the factory) I would contact the owner direct and not deal with anyone playing broker. Stinson can get hold of them and actually get the deal done right!!!

Wow, the truth looks worse when put in writing!
Old 06-17-2004, 10:03 PM
Registered

It is so sad that such a great piece of art is just thrown away. I can't even imagine owning one of these, I sware I would find a way to park it in my house so it would never see the light of day unless I was running it. Like my Truck and anything I have ever owned it will be better as it gets older, never worse, never the same, always improving. Then I sell it and watch it be destroyed. No one sweats the details like me, I even fix other peoples stuff because I can't stand to see it.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Mind If I Smoke was one of the best running boats I have ever had the opportunity to be on. Unfortunately, Sean's generosity ended up costing me a lot of $$!! that ride basically scarred me for life. after spending a few days on that boat, i knew a Cigarette and nothing but a Cigarette was in my future. i can truly say that i was tiger bitten.
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Tiger at Dick Simon-miami8.jpg   Cigarette Tiger at Dick Simon-miami9.jpg   Cigarette Tiger at Dick Simon-miami7.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cigarette Tiger at Dick Simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.