Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Went out on Lake Michigan tonight with Rambunctious and MitchStellin... awsome night! >

Went out on Lake Michigan tonight with Rambunctious and MitchStellin... awsome night!

Notices

Went out on Lake Michigan tonight with Rambunctious and MitchStellin... awsome night!

Old 06-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Went out on Lake Michigan tonight with Rambunctious and MitchStellin... awsome night!

That is what boating is all about. Nice pix.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Registered

Default Re: Went out on Lake Michigan tonight with Rambunctious and MitchStellin... awsome night!

Last night truly was what boating is all about. Calm water may be sticky but it sure is a nice ride If there was ever a night to cross the lake it was last night. 88 miles at 60 mph you can't drive there that fast if you had to We buzzed a 70ft paddle boat full of people about 100ft off and rip roaring loud. I bet that put a smile on a few faces I hope a tree hugger had a heart attach This is Lake MI here, not some inland lake. We are talking 99% of the fresh water in the US and it is flat as a pancake. It is really rare, there were even waterskiers out there. Oh, and then we buzzed the pier...500ft off of course.

Last edited by MitchStellin; 06-17-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Registered

Here here on the traffic. We were the only boats out.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:40 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Wednesday nights seem to be a pretty popular night. We used to take out 2-3 boats (23 Nova, 22 Stingray, 28 Apache) and run either into Philadelphia, Penns Landing or down to The Chesapeake Inn, Maryland. What a blast, running home in the dark was a bit nerve racking.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Bankshot242LS

Thumbs up Re: Went out on Lake Michigan tonight with Rambunctious and MitchStellin... awsome night!

Nice Pics Thats my home away from home As I slip my boat in Saugatuck, MI. I run a Red/White 89 Formula 242LS with the name Bankshot on the back. My wife and I try to be up there every weekend. We probably passed each other from time to time. And Coral Gables has good food. We had water just like this on the 4 th June when we went up to try the Piper in Holland for dinner.And your right the lake is never this calm. Its a nice change. maybe we will see ya around the 4 th July.
Mike

Old 06-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Registered

Beautiful PICTURE GUYS , would like to copy a couple and enlarge them for our shop. Nice scenery and great looking boats .