Best Marina - Northern Chesapeake Bay? >

Best Marina - Northern Chesapeake Bay?

Notices

Best Marina - Northern Chesapeake Bay?

Old 06-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Marina - Northern Chesapeake Bay?

I am relocating to Lancaster, PA and would like to know the best powerboat marina within 20 miles or so of the Havre de Grace, MD area. I am just beginning to explore potential locations where I might keep my Formula on my Hydrohoist. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Registered

Default Re: Best Marina - Northern Chesapeake Bay?

Hydrohoist.....is the key word. Do you own your own or do you want if with a lift. Also there is dry stacking. Here are a few pics of my "cat" on the lift last year and this year is the 38 ft Powerquest. This is located at Tomes Landing on the Susquehanna River.....up river of Harve De Grace. They also dry stack at Tomes. They dry stack at Anchor Marine in NorthEast, MD
Old 06-16-2004, 06:38 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Welcome to the neighborhood! I keep my boat at Triton Marina in Elkton however with the formula you may find it to be a little too shallow. It's a nice park like setting which is good for the family but it's not much of a performance boat marina. As a matter of fact the only boat on a lift is a Formula (that is for sale...)
Old 06-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

This link has a great list of marinas. Some have websites and you'll need to call the others. http://www.baydreaming.com/marinas.htm

You can also visit or join the Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Assn. at www.cbpba.com. Great bunch of folks and a lot of northern bay boaters. There will even be a northern bay poker run later this year sponsored by CBPBA.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

I keep my boat @ tome's also dryed stacked, I like the fact I can call them and have my boat ready to go when I get there, Also the location is great about 1hr to Baltimore, Rockhall, Redeye's, ect ect ect, Great place!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for all the information. I really appreciate all the support. This will help me get started. It sounds like it is going to be a great place for boating. In thinking about my Hydrohoist, how high do the tides rise and fall? I am currently in a marina on the Ohio River where the docks and hoist float.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally Posted by first.offshore
Thanks for all the information. I really appreciate all the support. This will help me get started. It sounds like it is going to be a great place for boating. In thinking about my Hydrohoist, how high do the tides rise and fall? I am currently in a marina on the Ohio River where the docks and hoist float.

The tides will be no problem, give me a shout when you get in the area
Old 06-17-2004, 10:07 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I keep my AT at www.tomeslandingmarina.com This place is top notch. We have kept our boat there for 3 years. Love It!!
Old 06-18-2004, 05:16 AM
Registered

What does it cost to dry rack store your boat at Tomes Landing for the year? And is there additional cost for a dock if you go down for the weekend and want to stay overnight? How does that all work?
Old 06-18-2004, 05:39 AM
Registered

I have a slip there with a lift.............they really have no overnight dockage...BUT you can tie up at the upper side/outter side dock for overnight..........and it is free.......but no electric or water
The cost to dry stack.....some else will have to answer that

Quick Reply: Best Marina - Northern Chesapeake Bay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.