Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   how to insert "faces" in a post (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81553-how-insert-faces-post.html)

Formula Outlaw 06-18-2004 08:57 AM

how to insert "faces" in a post

Okay, I admit my computer makes me feel stupid basically every time I use it. How do you insert the little "faces" in a post. They used to be off to the left of the "posting margin" and you just clicked one on where you wanted it to go. I can't even find them except at the bottom when you quote or edit and then it only appears at the very top. Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thank you.

Formula Idiot.

NJgr8ful 06-18-2004 09:02 AM

Re: how to insert "faces" in a post

FormOut
Hit the 'GO ADVANCED' button next to the 'POST QUICK REPLY' button and before the 'SPEL CHEK'

Or learn each of 'em and do them the long way lol! :D :D

NJgr8ful 06-18-2004 09:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Or maybe you meant these types of faces????

Downtown42 06-18-2004 09:40 AM

OR..click on POST REPLY on left at bottom of last post. The smilies will appear on the right.

Formula Outlaw 06-18-2004 11:00 PM

Thanks guys. Normally one might be slightly embarassed, but I'm so good and experienced as asking stupid questions,

I'M RATHER USED TO IT......

Formula Outlaw 06-18-2004 11:04 PM

When I hit "Post Reply" the smilies are at the bottom and I can't insert them in the middle of a post. When I hit Advanced same thing. I am not as smart as the smilies. Sad.....

SOX 06-18-2004 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
When I hit "Post Reply" the smilies are at the bottom and I can't insert them in the middle of a post. When I hit Advanced same thing. I am not as smart as the smilies. Sad.....

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun). I can't do it either...

robyw1 06-19-2004 12:28 AM

The smiles at the bottom in the advanced post select the face for the subject as i have here with the dancing banana. You can insert a face anywhere in your post :cool: by just clicking the image to the right as you type. :) If you wait till you finish typing all of your text then the clicked face will show at the very end of your post :et: If you finish your post but want to go back and add the faces you can just put the cursor at any point and type the command for that particular face. :woohoo: Also you can highlight/select the text command you clicked on and drag it to any part of the post you want.

However the simple fact that I know all of this just shows that I have too much free time on my hands. :snide:

Have a great weekend everyone
Roby :D

cuda 06-19-2004 05:48 AM

Russ, are you sure you're not using the quick reply? :blaster: :bunny: :drool: :stupid:

waterheater 06-19-2004 07:31 AM

Formula, just go to the bottom of the page and in that posting rules box it says smilies are on or off. Click on smilies and it shows what you need to type to get the face you want. :eek: :D :cool: