where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY

Notices

where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY

Old 06-21-2004, 07:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Re: where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY

I have read this debate and similar debates about Fountain and Outerlimits over and over, here is my perspective. The Outerlimits bottom really seems to be efficient from 110mph, and on upward (above 130mph seems more efficient than a Fountain). A similar size Fountain with the same power (compared to an Outerlimits) from the 75mph-110mph range is usually faster, yes there are your exceptions to this generalization. Reggie's boats design works very well (better in my opinion)from 80mph-100mph which is geared to his customer base, while Fiore's boat works well (better than Fountains or equal to) with big power. Put all the bull**** aside, that is what it seems like to me. Each has their own niche, and Michael Fiore has done a great job growing his business, and that is a greater accomplishment to me than going 160+mph in a boat. If I had $500K-$900K yes, Outerlimits would be my boat, but that is not realistic for me, which brings me back to reality, where an 85+mph 35' Fountain with reliable/usable/friendly power would be a good all-around boat for the weekend boating I enjoy. Oh and by the way, on the race course, with more than a handful of boats, I have not seen Outerlimits consistently beat Fountain on the race course with the same power, which leads me to believe that in the speed ranges I just referred to the Fountain really works well when set-up properly. In F-2, no, in Super - V, no , for example. In a Poker Run with big, big power - Outerlimits - definitely. My only unanswered question is what about a 39' Skater V with the same big power as an Outerlimits or a Fountain - would the Skater dust em both off or get dusted off?
Old 06-21-2004, 08:09 AM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formulaz583
OL doesn't race. Several interviews with Mike Fiore have stated that they don't want to race.

Seems everyone made a big deal that XXX was blowing everyone away, but he BROKE. If you lead 499 miles of the Indy 500, but not the 500th mile, you still lose.
A: If you were a boat manufacturer & your production schedule was booked solid with orders for $750,000 to over one million dollar boats, why on earth would you need to prove anything by going racing?

B:He broke an Ignition module. Hardly something to blame on OL.
I'd love to see Reggies "kilo" boat go the distance at wide open throttle.
As a matter of fact, I'd like to see ANY boat go that distance at WOT without blowing up something. This is an engine builders drag race.

Last edited by DJD; 06-21-2004 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=formulaz583]Poker runs have become who has the biggest checkbook, and the biggest ego.QUOTE]

Very well said!!
Old 06-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree with DJD
Old 06-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Registered

fountain..... outerlimits... Miami to Nassau. Offshore powerboats should race offshore, do that then you can brag....
Old 06-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Registered

I want to buy a big V with 1200 hp per side that runs for 3-4 hours if your lucky before it comes apart. Then I want to go to a poker run to barely beat a 36 Skater with hp 525's in it only to realize I will never finish before this Outerlimts or whatever it is breaks. Then I want to sit and idle back to the dock for 5-6 hrs in a closed canopy oven. After that I want to pull the motors and waste half the summer waiting for 4 weeks to go by to get these motors back. Nothing like owning a boat that only runs on 100+octane which you cannot even buy on a Sunday afternoon. Then after 3 or 4 times of replacing these motors, I realize how much fun this thing is. I put it for sale on OSO with every other work of art that people call it. Oh yeah I forgot to mention since I paid 800,000 I will take 275,000 for this one year old work of art which I can not even get since every one is offering 225,000. Sounds like a good time to me.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KenP
I want to buy a big V with 1200 hp per side that runs for 3-4 hours if your lucky before it comes apart. Then I want to go to a poker run to barely beat a 36 Skater with hp 525's in it only to realize I will never finish before this Outerlimts or whatever it is breaks. Then I want to sit and idle back to the dock for 5-6 hrs in a closed canopy oven. After that I want to pull the motors and waste half the summer waiting for 4 weeks to go by to get these motors back. Nothing like owning a boat that only runs on 100+octane which you cannot even buy on a Sunday afternoon. Then after 3 or 4 times of replacing these motors, I realize how much fun this thing is. I put it for sale on OSO with every other work of art that people call it. Oh yeah I forgot to mention since I paid 800,000 I will take 275,000 for this one year old work of art which I can not even get since every one is offering 225,000. Sounds like a good time to me.
LMAO !! I dont know, out of the 225 hours I put on my boat,, at least half were at WFO throttle,, and nothing blew up !! maybe O.L. should start selling Baja's ??

Last edited by Chris288; 06-21-2004 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DJD
A: If you were a boat manufacturer & your production schedule was booked solid with orders for $750,000 to over one million dollar boats, why on earth would you need to prove anything by going racing?
To be #1

Here is the bottom line.

Fountain has more wins than all others combined. Comprende' ?
Old 06-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know where one fan is. Lucky to be alive.
Attached Thumbnails where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY-boat1.jpg   where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY-boat2.jpg   where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY-boat3.jpg  

Old 06-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys throwing spears at each other that don't own either of the boats in question. OSO baby!

Poker Run's are my favorite. You get to see the baddest of the baddest. It's better than any boat show or race. The OL guys always show up with some great eye candy. There are always some really trick Fountains too.

90% of the people complaining all the time about these events are the one's who don't even contribute to the brands or the events themselves. Everyone has a right to their opinion though.

If Bob Russell wants to own a canopied boat and go out every weekend and smoke your ass, I will gladly sit on my boat and watch him do it. I will also have an enormous smile on my face. Thats what makes this sport fun, watching the new technology do it's thing.

Speaking of killer Fountains. Here's my buddies 42 w/1100 Cobra's. It doesn't have to be rebuilt after 20 hours and runs on pump fuel. He's not egotistical, he just likes to go fast, whats the problem? Oh yeah, he also just traded it on a 2005 42 GTX.....
Attached Thumbnails where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY-p6180003.jpg   where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY-p6180004.jpg  

Quick Reply: where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.