Old 06-21-2004, 09:58 AM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY

Originally Posted by Downtown42
To be #1

Here is the bottom line.

Fountain has more wins than all others combined. Comprende' ?
I also think they have the most broken hulls of anyone on the offshore circut combined.

ps.. I'm not knocking the Fountain pleasure boats at all. I just think Reggie builds his race hulls a little too light.

Last edited by DJD; 06-21-2004 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRunGunT/S
Oh yeah, he also just traded it on a 2005 42 GTX.....

Decisions...decisions...life really sux doesn't it
Old 06-21-2004, 10:09 AM
DJD
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRunGunT/S

If Bob Russell wants to own a canopied boat and go out every weekend and smoke your ass, I will gladly sit on my boat and watch him do it. I will also have an enormous smile on my face. Thats what makes this sport fun, watching the new technology do it's thing.

Exactly!!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KenP
I want to buy a big V with 1200 hp per side that runs for 3-4 hours if your lucky before it comes apart. Then I want to go to a poker run to barely beat a 36 Skater with hp 525's in it only to realize I will never finish before this Outerlimts or whatever it is breaks. Then I want to sit and idle back to the dock for 5-6 hrs in a closed canopy oven. After that I want to pull the motors and waste half the summer waiting for 4 weeks to go by to get these motors back. Nothing like owning a boat that only runs on 100+octane which you cannot even buy on a Sunday afternoon. Then after 3 or 4 times of replacing these motors, I realize how much fun this thing is. I put it for sale on OSO with every other work of art that people call it. Oh yeah I forgot to mention since I paid 800,000 I will take 275,000 for this one year old work of art which I can not even get since every one is offering 225,000. Sounds like a good time to me.

You hit it right on!!!

You only forgot "I want to pay 1 mil for a 46' long Skater that holds 5 people and no room for anything else."

Most of us DON"T want to do that. Some do. More power to them. I like watching the big bad stuff as well.

Not my type of boating, but hey, let 'em rip.
Now, that said, when these guys kill our ability to go boating either through insurance costs, more regulations, etc., then I will have a different opinion.

I'm just glad everyone survived their ego trip.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Registered

Why do you guys always complain and worry about this and that? Do your thing and don't worry about others. If you don't like poker runs, don't go. If you don't enjoy going fast, buy a runabout.

If someone wants to spend $1,000,000 on a boat, that is his business. Whether it is worth the $ or not, is also his business and certainly not ours.

I personally enjoy going to poker runs and running WFO just to get smoked by an OL.

Dean
Old 06-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KenP
I want to buy a big V with 1200 hp per side that runs for 3-4 hours if your lucky before it comes apart. Then I want to go to a poker run to barely beat a 36 Skater with hp 525's in it only to realize I will never finish before this Outerlimts or whatever it is breaks. Then I want to sit and idle back to the dock for 5-6 hrs in a closed canopy oven. After that I want to pull the motors and waste half the summer waiting for 4 weeks to go by to get these motors back. Nothing like owning a boat that only runs on 100+octane which you cannot even buy on a Sunday afternoon. Then after 3 or 4 times of replacing these motors, I realize how much fun this thing is. I put it for sale on OSO with every other work of art that people call it. Oh yeah I forgot to mention since I paid 800,000 I will take 275,000 for this one year old work of art which I can not even get since every one is offering 225,000. Sounds like a good time to me.
When it breaks he probably takes out his 65 ft Sea Ray and parties with his friends, or one of his other toys. I'm sure they talk about what boat to buy next and what paint they want. Probably not resale and how much insurance and gas cost, whats the fun in that?

Like the old saying goes, "don't hate the player, hate the game." I'm sure you would hate to be able to buy a $1 million boat (or 3) and not bat an eye.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

That's why the new 39' OL Quattro is such a hit. 100mph on 525s with bravos.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
That's why the new 39' OL Quattro is such a hit. 100mph on 525s with bravos.
epoxy hull?
Old 06-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Registered

some guys just don't get it -------Purpose built boats------- by the way there were many beautiful machines at the NYC run.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey big cat, i don't much care about this argument, but I liked your club and I will be back in the near future, let's get together when I am there and have a few beers.

Quick Reply: where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.