Notices

38 Fountain Project pics

Old 06-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: 38 Fountain Project pics

RJAINLA, you know how to make friends real fast, especially with 11 posts. We don't like being called liars, the article and speeds in Extreme Boat mag was true, and you guys (meaning the other cats) have had numerous opportunities out there on the lake to prove themselves, but thats hard I guess when your motors don't stay together after every run. The Shadow cat (HOT Pursuit) did 117 at False River, if that was the case I would have brought the Fountain. I'll tell you what, Money talks and B.S. walks, and I've got 5k that says Cyclone smokes ya, so what do you say. Don't talk big behind that screen, open your wallet up, instead of your mouth, give me a call after 7AM tomorrow, so I can set it up, 1-228-216-0900. Jeff Jassby
Old 06-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW, That is a sweet boat. If you dont mind me asking how much do you have in that boat? Like MSRP. And if you dont want to post the info pm it to me.
Thanks Bobby
Old 06-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

TMP, the fountain looks awesome, next time I am in LA. I would like a ride in your cabin cruiser and your speed boat!!!!!!!!! Will you guys be going to Texhoma July 30th???
Old 06-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 38 Fountain Project pics

Nice job guys the boat is beautiful.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

JASSMAN,
First off, let me set the record straight here. I do not believe that in any part of my post, the word LIAR was used,nor were you JASSMAN or TMP accused as saying anything false. Also,this was never an issue of anyone smoking Cyclone.In my post,No one here claimed to be faster.I stated that it is hard to ever get on the side of him to see how fast it is.ofcoarse he would be faster. If you read back in my post. My point was.... there are quite a few cats in our area.We were just shocked to see only two cats enter the Radar Run. Cyclone is somewhat of a local cat.It would of been nice to see it run 164 there.
Your comment about someones motors not staying together.Who are you referring to? You lost me on that one. Sorry if anyone was offended here.I did not post on here to make enemies.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JASSMAN
The Shadow cat (HOT Pursuit) did 117 at False River
For some reason I was thinking that boat ran way faster than that. Did he dial back the power or was he taking it easy that day? Also heard there was a triple engine Fountain there that cracked triple digits.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RJAINLA
105-110?? "It's faster now"??? HOLD ON!! I'm not so sure about that?? Very nice Fountain,very fast v-bottom, BUT...... I was in the 36Spectre that was running with the Fountain, 2-38 Hustler slingshots, and (43Nor-Tech) "X-cess wetness" from Jeagers to Mandeville,running with the causeway and from my vantage point and 2 GPS's on board the fountain ran out of wind between 95-100.Very fast v-bottom,awesome looking boat.....but definitely nowhere near 105-110mph,muchless any faster.......

RJAINLA I was one of the Hustlers running with Jeff and we where cruising at 70mph all the way across causeway to Mariner's Village.Any faster my crew complained about the wind messing with there beer drinking.I don't remember seeing anybody blow by us. Yall must of been in front us? I could not tell but one boat that was in front of us looked like a diesel it was so rich That must of been yall Steve.

The other 388 Hustler is a triple 525 sc boat and I would figure it would be up close to those speeds.

After Mariner's Village I lost a prop blade so it was a slow ride back to the Prop Stop for the wet T shirt contest

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RJAINLA
Thanks for the compliment, but as far as Cyclone is concerned......From what I hear, It is pretty difficult for any of the cats in our area to get a side by side chance with him.I don't know about anybody else here, but all I have seen out of Cyclone was it parked at Jeager's, pics in Extreme Boats Magazine, and a pic of a 164MPH GPS on OSO. I'm starting to wonder if the pic of the GPS was taken by Copeland in one of his Skaters at 3/4 throttle.
At the False River Radar Run there were only two of us there. "Hang Em Out To Dry"-36 Spectre and "Hot Pursuit"-30 Shadow Cat. We had plenty of room for more entries in the cat class, but when you enter these events, there is one thing that is inevitable........ the truth about the speed of your boat is revealed........... There are quite a few cats in our area. We were just shocked to see only two enter this event.
Why don't you reread your own post, or let me spell it out for you. Your sarcasm is quite evident, starting...From what I hear, It is pretty difficult and so on all the way up to the wonder if the pic was taken by Copeland in one of his Skaters at 3/4 throttle.... and then the truth about your boats speed is revealed........ I can read between the lines, why back off now. You think cause you go to an event, (False River) which is not an area you want to be going 150mph plus, (safety should always be your first priority) and you and Keith (Hot Pursuit) are the only Cat's there, did you ever think that David might have been out of town, as well as Keith was explained to in the Extreme boat mag thread, that we don't feel safe at that location and would rather be out in the open in the lake where there is alot more room. We've been out in the lake 4 weeks in a row, and have posted that, so where have you been. Bottom line, boating is suppose to be fun, for everyone, (not just the fastest or the one's who think they are the fastest, or the one's who use to be the fastest), so put your testosterone away, your boat is awesome, and I know runs great, be happy for what it is, and let us be happy for what we have achieved, its called R&D, not only for Nortech and what their boats will achieve with certain power, but also for us, and what we have learned about our motors, and how to make them better and more effiecient for our customers, we've always helped everyone out, and will continue to do so, and have never started an argument, but I will defend what we have done with honesty and integrity, thats how the shop is run, it just would be refreshing if everyone could get along, and get off this clicky idle *hit chat and move on. Jeff Jassby

Last edited by JASSMAN; 06-22-2004 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Registered

Rob,

That was us. We had a metal shaving get stuck in one of the needle and seats. We cleaned it out at Mariner's village, and ran the rest of the day. Best speed Saturday was just over 100 w/ 13 people in the boat. Probably not the best idea, but you know how it goes. The next TMP boat will be EFI as well.
This boat is for sale, as a #6 boat with quad rotors is in our future. That way we can stop taking **** from all the cat guys. Anyone interested can give us a call.
By the way, I've got a nice set of whipples sitting at the shop with your name on them.

Steve
Old 06-22-2004, 07:51 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The new style?? That would probably make My Hustler go just over the 100 mark

I figure y'all might go with a cat ,Its just hard to compare a cat to a v bottom in efficiency with the speed difference . I would not mine having a cat but the girls like the amenities and bed space. They don't like going down below when its hot or cant flush a toilet.

Steve yall going to Emerald Coast poker run in August??

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: 38 Fountain Project pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.