Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Winnipesaukee places to stay? >

Winnipesaukee places to stay?

Notices

Winnipesaukee places to stay?

Old 06-21-2004, 08:44 AM
chriscraft240

Default Winnipesaukee places to stay?

Looking for a place with dock and single room for wife and I. July 10 thru 14? We are just looking to get away for a few days with the boat. Nothing fancy,near the action or not. I can' remember but,last time we were near weirs,and the dock was right outside the door,nice place. Anyone know of cottages or something?

Old 06-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Winnipesaukee places to stay?

Could try the NASWA at www.naswa.com
It's on the Weirs channel. I've stayed there many times and am shooting for a week in the middle of August this year.
Docks are free but no ramp. Closest one is maybe a mile south at Christmas Island.
Other places are listed on www.winnipesaukee.com ....click on "links" then "lodging"......enjoy.

Last edited by mopower; 06-21-2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:52 AM
chriscraft240

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2004, 10:16 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages

1144 Weirs Blvd
Laconia, NH 03246-1626 Phone: (603) 366-5517

Friends of mine just left and said was decent. Has docks (very few) rooms or cottages. They were told NO VISITORS, might have been for MC week only, not sure. Its right next door to the Naswa and boat ramp at Lakeport Marina at other end of Paugus Bay. Good location, all the "Laconia stuff" in walking distance.
http://www.boatowners.com/marinas_nh.htm

Enjoy!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chriscraft,

Laconia for the activity, but other spots also good. Alton Bay will give you 6 miles right out to The Broads to run. Merideth is also a goood spot. Better food than The Wiers, but if you get to Laconia, there's a smokin Italian place in town.

Also, take a look at Wolfboro. Good luck and Winnepausaukee.com is the place. If you go Paugus Bay, Irwins is a goods ramp, and they have gas right there. Enjoy the "Lure of the Loons"
Old 06-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Lakeport Landing at the end of Paugus Bay is usually the cheapest for gas. Sandy Point Resort on Alton Bay has a drop dead restaurant
Old 06-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Registered

http://www.ssmotel.com/
Old 06-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Registered

Mopower, did you have the Prime Rib at Sandy Point. I spent summers as a kid in Alton Bay. We would ski from sun up to sun down.

Also, Pop's Clam Shack in Alton Bay, hands down best Clam Roll in the World. Rightous Onion Rings too.

Chriscraft240 get a map of the Lake. There are huge rocks everywhere. There is one place called the witches. It is on the Gilford side of the Lake, just out from Silver Sands. It runs a good 1/2 mile out from the island for about a mile. People rip outdrives and wreck hulls on them regularly

Some good places to hang out for the day are Long Beach Island. From Laconia, it over towards Moultonboro. Go under the bridge and the you can beach on the far right. Cross the street for the beach or just hang where you beach. My borther hangs there almost every weekend. Another good spot is the Sand Bar near the Margate at the end of Paugus Bay. You can wade in and get a drink at the bar. Also, there is a Sand Bar on the near the shore line past Gilford on the way to Alton on the indise of the island.

Have a great time. We may be pulling the Baja up there for a few days after the 4th.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Net,
Last time there I had Lobsta and Prime Rib Deeeellliciiiiious
I spent lots of time at Sandy Point as a kid too. But my boat out grew their docks . Usually stay at the NASWA , but always hit S.P. one night for dinner.

Chris,
Get yourself a Bizer chart of the lake. Just a few spots to watch out for and I just stay away from them. Never a problem.

Last edited by mopower; 06-22-2004 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

MoPower,

Did you skate down at the Rink in Alton? Ever eat at the StageCoach in Alton. They had good Lobster.

My brother has a place on Weirs Blvd in the middle of Paugus Bay, just down from the NASWA. My wife's brother in law has a place on the other side.

The NASWA, the Red Eyes of the Lake!

Small world, your a CBPBA member too, correct?

Quick Reply: Winnipesaukee places to stay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.