Notices

NY Reality Check

Old 06-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: NY Reality Check

I think that if you do not go to a run due to the thought that your boat does not stack up then you should be off to the shrink. I would go to any run any place and make the best of it. I could care less if I am the last one in and I probably would be as my boat hits a wopping 60mph. There is a LOT more to poker runs then the run itself. The run that Shane and I were just at we ran in the 60mph class in his skater. Nice easy ride and we did not have to beat the holly hell out of his equipment. We had a blast. Ya there was some really nice hardware there but ya know what, the one guy that we talked to the longest had the most expensive boat there, a MTI cat. Don't stereo type the owners of the high end boats you may be supprised at how down to earth they are. One of the best examples is the SCOPE crew. Simply awsome boats and they are all enthusiasts and love to talk boats.

Jon
Old 06-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WickedWon
Good luck to you and your crew at SMOKE, sorry we can't make it this year (still trying to get parts to put this thing together), but we might have the 41 up in Chicago towards the end of July if ya'll want to come play on the lake. What about it? Eh Nauti Kitty, you up for some fun?
Robert & Demi
Old 06-30-2004, 08:47 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I think that if you do not go to a run due to the thought that your boat does not stack up then you should be off to the shrink.
Jon
Yeah! No matter what!!!
Attached Images  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 46tomcat
I think poker runs can fill the needs of all.For the guy climbing the ladder it gives him the chance to see what up grades he can do to a older boat,engine upgrades,graphics,dashes,etc for the guy at the top time to show case the latest and meet other guys in the big league.Its not about how much or how fast we all have the same love and thats powerboating.Have met many good friends through poker runs the last 10 years some in 24 skaters(shane) to 50 Nortech Jim Leonardo its not just the boats its about the people.You dont have to be in the run to enjoy some of the most exotic hardware in the world just walk the docks,these guys love to showcase there toys thats what its about!!So its not always about the fastest,theres always someone building one to beat you!!hope to see you at SOTW Tom Abrams
Tom...I could not agree more. You hit it right on the head. I hope to see you soon my friend, and don't forget if it it is raining, I get to park in your tunnel!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I think that if you do not go to a run due to the thought that your boat does not stack up then you should be off to the shrink. I would go to any run any place and make the best of it. I could care less if I am the last one in and I probably would be as my boat hits a wopping 60mph. There is a LOT more to poker runs then the run itself. The run that Shane and I were just at we ran in the 60mph class in his skater. Nice easy ride and we did not have to beat the holly hell out of his equipment. We had a blast. Ya there was some really nice hardware there but ya know what, the one guy that we talked to the longest had the most expensive boat there, a MTI cat. Don't stereo type the owners of the high end boats you may be supprised at how down to earth they are. One of the best examples is the SCOPE crew. Simply awsome boats and they are all enthusiasts and love to talk boats.

Jon
Thanks for joining me Jon. I had a blast too!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Yeah! No matter what!!!
Ain't NO BOATER in the world with more SPIRIT than good ole SHARKEY! Not only does he have the BIGGEST FUN FACTOR of anyone at ANY poker run, he will give you the shirt off his back to help you. He is a true asset to our sport!