Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
seats open for st pete run this weekend!!!! >

seats open for st pete run this weekend!!!!

Notices

seats open for st pete run this weekend!!!!

Old 06-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: seats open for st pete run this weekend!!!!

There is talk of a fun run from Coffee Pot Bayou to Jackson's in Tampa instead. I'll keep you posted. Is Rags going with you?
Old 06-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Registered

I thought maybe the manatees managed to ruin another good run.

Jason, the good news, I might soon be making the money to go on some of these runs with you. The bad news, I will probably be working the weekends. Gotta love god's sense of humor. But thats what discretionary days are for.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Banned

Hey RWI, Rags is in town, and he's looking for you!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah well I will be over that way to do some work at my brothers...

And I just realized it is the same weekend the races are going on...

This is 2 years in a row I did the SAME THING!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Banned

Hellbent may be making it's last west coast appearance for a while this weekend.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Registered

Yeah, he already gave me some crap about not bringing my boat with me on this current trip. If I had a tow vehicle, I probably would have. But the Baja would kill my Dakota. But It will be here soon. Besides, I was actually planning on being back on the road north today. I was supposed to only need to sign some paperwork in Gainesville yesterday. I get there and get informed that she scheduled me for a physical exam, eye exam, hearing test, and various stuff yesterday. Then, today I had to do my Stress test and drug test. You know, good thing I have a flexible schedule. Too bad Gainesville isnt on the coast. Still thinking about St. Pete and areas down that way. But I am going to see what happens here. Let them pay for my classes to get certified. Then I can apply anywhere in the state.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Banned

I thought you already had the boat here. Gainesville eh?? That is party central for Florida. It's only about an hour and a half from me here in Deland or Daytona. I'll have Rags trailer here when you get your boat down. Heck, he pulled his from Seattle!
Old 06-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Registered

So it wasn't because of the manatee club influence ?
Old 06-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by frequentflyer
So it wasn't because of the manatee club influence ?

The word I heard is the CG wouldn't issue the permit because of the permit issued to the race. Don't know if it's manatee related or not.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Banned

I finally got a copy of the email from the Opba about the cancellation.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Due to permitting difficulties with the US Coast Guard, problems with those that do not support the OSS, and negative publicity of poker runs, we have been forced to CANCEL the OSS Charity Poker Run effective today. After a great deal of negotiations over the past few months, the US Coast Guard denied the permit for the poker run and has put many limitations on the overall race weekend. We are very disappointed. Please CANCEL your hotel rooms as soon as possible. If you have already registered, please let us know if you want us to mail your check back to you or tear it up.

Since everyone has their boats dialed in for the poker run and that is not possible now, many members have expressed an interest in doing a fun run on Saturday to Jackson’s Bistro. If you would like to participate, please let us know so we can get a head count soon. RSVP to [email protected]. We’re calling it the “NO PERMIT FUN RUN.” Meet at the northeast corner of Turn 4 of the race course at 12 Noon (see below), and we should arrive to Jackson’s on Harbour Island by 1:00 pm. Please have your boats fueled up and ready to go. We have the patio bar area reserved at Jackson's for an afternoon lunch. Full menu and cash bar will be available.

Thank you to our kind sponsors for believing in the strength of this event: Body Dynamics, The Pier, World of Lighting, Smokin Joe Poker Run Team, Philthy Phil’s, Leverock’s St. Pete Beach, George Lewis Real Estate, CMR Production Studio, Uniform Name Tape Custom Embroidery and Screen Printing, Jackson’s Bistro, United Bank, Surrey Electric Boats, Cha Cha Coconuts, and Captain Al’s. A special thanks to Susan Robertson at the Pier for all of her efforts.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail us. Pass the word to all OPBA Members and other poker runners.

Thank you for your support and for understanding the disappointing circumstances. We hope to see everyone in the water at the races on Sunday.

Quick Reply: seats open for st pete run this weekend!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.