Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Got the police called on me last night for my loud stinky boat... >

Got the police called on me last night for my loud stinky boat...

Notices

Got the police called on me last night for my loud stinky boat...

Old 06-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Got the police called on me last night for my loud stinky boat...

Nice neighbor. I have a silimar one down the street from me(thank god) but did decide to pay ME a visit! We had the Scarab here in my driveway and just had gotten back from running it over in Sarasota. We where washing it down and after that did a slight repair to one header. We started the 1st engine to test the repair, and to flush the motor out. It is about 6pm. The woman comes over to me and starts yelling at me that they boat belongs in the ocean and not here, Yada Yada Yada. I tell her it WAS in the ocean, and that is why we have to clear out the salt water in it. She then tells me her husband had triple bypass yesterday and is resting. Looking at her I said "yeah, resting nicely in the hospital" She thought I would buy it that he is home in bed after that. She ends up calling the police, he comes over, and I know him! haha, we start talking about the boat, and 15 minutes later of so he leaves.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Find a cat and dont feed it for a week and put it in her mail box.

Next do wost till she gets the picture . Dont get caught

There is a law called disturbing the peace . Be carefull

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I learned a long time ago to get along with your neighbors no matter how much of a PITA they are otherwise they WILL become your worst enemy.

A little respect on both ends goes a long way.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey cuda, your kinda like a hud tenant. low life, no class kind of guy.... i still love ya though...your my little buddy. Mr. Wonderful
Old 06-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hp500efi
I learned a long time ago to get along with your neighbors no matter how much of a PITA they are otherwise they WILL become your worst enemy.

A little respect on both ends goes a long way.

Trust me, I have... she is just un-reasonable..
Old 06-23-2004, 10:27 AM
BK
Registered

Well, it could be worse....In my neighborhood, you can't even HAVE a boat in your driveway..I live in one of those "NICE" neighborhoods with the high class homeowner associations. We live on a golf course where everyone has matching yards, shrub height limits and a perfect balance of tulips and mums on each side of the house. NO BOATS ALLOWED.

But these same "nice" neighbors took our golf course to court for growing long grass in some rough areas. A full blown law suit... for growing a few spots of tall grass! No joke!

My boys have three cats that go outside only in the day time, to play in the pond (14th hole water hazard). Shortly after we moved here, my next door neighbor came over and said he was "calling the cops to send them to the pound" because he saw my cat cross his yard (we aren't allowed to have fences here either).

I told him that my cats (all spayed girls, no Toms) are outside for one or two hours MAX, and mostly in our yard, and ONLY during the day, and they were not doing any harm to him. Now I make sure my kids are outside when the cats are out, and that they 'herd' them to make sure they don't cross over our property line.

Well, my neighbor on the other side of me, got two kittens for her teenage daughter recently, and they've been letting them play out in our backyards at the big pond.

The same grouchy guy gave her a visit last month, saying his wife was allergic to cats so they must keep their cats indoors. She told him the pond attracted tons of creatures, including mice, so he should be happy the cats are keeping the rodent population down.

Well, that same mother came over to our house screaming this past Sunday night to tell us her kitten had been shot and killed by a BB gun.

I can't wait to move out of this "high class" neighborhood. These people are the most unhappy jerks I've ever met.

What makes people so miserable that all they seem to have for a hobby is to make other people miserable ?
Old 06-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Banned

The one I lived next to you couldn't please either. When I moved in, the fence between our yards was dilapidated and falling down. I replaced my entire fence with a new one, didn't ask her for any money for the section between the houses and she came over and b!tched saying my fence was on her property! I pointed out I put it right where the old one was, and that it was staying there until she got a surveyor out proving it was on her property. Another problem I had was she worked nights, so I never knew when she was asleep and I kept my boat close to her side. I didn't know when I could flush it without bothering her. I tried though. She had a 22 year old son, who used to always come to our house, we were like his only freinds. It was because of that b!tch that he ended up hanging himself on his backporch a couple years ago. Debbie was the last one to talk to him. She didn't give me as much crap after her son killed himself. I think she realized what b!tching all the time got for her.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Registered

Yup, even the cop finally said, listen, I had to listen to her for the last half hour,, you aren't telling me anything I haven't already figured out.. I don't want to make enemies out of her, and god forbid she touches the boat or something,, my wife will kick her ASS.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little off topic but neighborly

When I was a kid we had this uptight witch that lived next to us. She thought she was better than everyone and turned her nose up to the world. She couldn’t stand me because of my RM250 and various hot rods I had when I was a teen. She had some classy pure-bread Poodle that she was trying to breed w/ a friends male pure-bread. I had a mixed breed Rat/Russell Terrier that was spotted. His name was Spot, he was funny looking but he was the friendliest dog. She told me that if her poodle had spotted puppies she was going to kill him. As a kid that made me angry and I was bound and determined to get back at her. Well the breeding session wasn’t going so well because the male poodle was apparently having some sexual problems. Anyway after the failed attempt of the male poodle I sent Spot into their back yard very late at night. I thought this was my way of getting back at her. Well needless to say he didn’t have any sexual problems so he ran up to the poodle, mounted her and showed that male poodle how it was done. Well I thought this was funny until they started making noises. They were all over the yard doing the deed and I thought I was going to get caught because they kept turning on this spot light activated my motion. After about 45-min he was done but he decided to take a nap over there. I was about to panic because I couldn’t get him to come back to the gate. Knowing this was not a good night for him to sleep over I had to go over the fence and get him. Well he was not ready to come home yet so he escaped me only to jump in their pool. I eventually grabbed him out of the pool and he started growling angrily. With all of this noise I thought for sure I was caught but luckily the woman was a heavy sleeper. I got my revenge on her but I thought my dog was going to bite me that night. I have never seen him act like that.

Well the poodle was impregnated and for the entire time the woman thought she was going to have a litter of pure-bread poodles. On the big day she was very angry with us. She called the police and threatened to sue. My dad because he was too nice for his own good compensated her for the dogs and gave them away.

Roby

Last edited by robyw1; 06-23-2004 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robyw1
A little off topic but neighborly

When I was a kid we had this uptight witch that lived next to us. She thought she was better than everyone and turned her nose up to the world. She couldn’t stand me because of my RM250 and various hot rods I had when I was a teen. She had some classy pure-bread Poodle that she was trying to breed w/ a friends male pure-bread. I had a mixed breed Rat/Russell Terrier that was spotted. His name was Spot, he was funny looking but he was the friendliest dog. She told me that if her poodle had spotted puppies she was going to kill him. As a kid that made me angry and I was bound and determined to get back at her. Well the breeding session wasn’t going so well because the male poodle was apparently having some sexual problems. Anyway after the failed attempt of the male poodle I sent Spot into their back yard very late at night. I thought this was my way of getting back at her. Well needless to say he didn’t have any sexual problems so he ran up to the poodle, mounted her and showed that male poodle how it was done. Well I thought this was funny until they started making noises. They were all over the yard doing the deed and I thought I was going to get caught because they kept turning on this spot light activated my motion. After about 45-min he was done but he decided to take a nap over there. I was about to panic because I couldn’t get him to come back to the gate. Knowing this was not a good night for him to sleep over I had to go over the fence and get him. Well he was not ready to come home yet so he escaped me only to jump in their pool. I eventually grabbed him out of the pool and he started growling angrily. With all of this noise I thought for sure I was caught but luckily the woman was a heavy sleeper. I got my revenge on her but I thought my dog was going to bite me that night. I have never seen him act like that.

Well the poodle was impregnated and for the entire time the woman thought she was going to have a litter of pure-bread poodles. On the big day she was very angry with us. She called the police and threatened to sue. My dad because he was too nice for his own good compensated her for the dogs and gave them away.

Roby
rotflmao!

Quick Reply: Got the police called on me last night for my loud stinky boat...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.