OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

Notices

OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

Old 06-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

Originally Posted by super termoli
and i really don't want to cause a stir and this will be the last thing i'll say but sometimes people are a bit generous with wave heights. i don't know if our water in europe is any different but when the coast guard over here says true 8 footers, you're not going anywhere very fast. certainly not 100+

Ya think?

Very few people on this board have gone out and run in true 8 foot waves. Most would chit themselves if they saw a true 8 foot wave coming at them breaking. An 8 foot wave in the ocean 100 feet apart is not the same as one that is curling on to the deck of the boat. Neither wave is one that anyone on this board is going to run straight into at a high speed. Everytime I hear someone talking about 8 foot waves they were running in I want to get the bs meter but I don't know how.

8 feet is 8 feet everywhere in the world. Large
Old 06-24-2004, 09:36 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by super termoli
and i really don't want to cause a stir and this will be the last thing i'll say but sometimes people are a bit generous with wave heights. i don't know if our water in europe is any different but when the coast guard over here says true 8 footers, you're not going anywhere very fast. certainly not 100+
In 8 footers I'm sitting at the bar, I can't write checks that big.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again, you boys have missed the point.
Do I think these boats are built for Kilo runs? No. Should they race offshore? Hell yes.

That is not what these guys are bragging about. It's all about top speed, even if it's just long enough for shot of the radar gun.

So, that is exactly what the Shootout is about. Top speed. Is it an "offical" APBA, UIM,SBI, OSS, WHO EVER THE RACE FLAVOR OF THE WEEK is event. I doubt it, and I could care less.
And if you don't think LOTO can get rough, that's only because you have never been there, so don't comment about something you don't know.

So, back to the ORIGINAL topic, someone get these boats to show up at the SAME TIME and SAME PLACE to see who goes home with their tails between their legs!!

Personally I don't think EITHER ONE wants to run the other heads up. That would end all the BS, and BS is publicity!
So, does Reggie and OL have the stones? I don't think so.

Last edited by SummerObsession; 06-24-2004 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

8 Footers are no big deal. We used to run 8, 10, 12 footers all the time off the coast of Florida like they were NUTHING!!

errr, I shoud probably mention that I was on the USS Stark at the time
Old 06-24-2004, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by outer42
SUPER, OUERLIMIITS ARE OFSHORE BOATS ASK REGGIE WHEN WILD CHILD AND ME LAPPED HIM AND JUNIOR IN MIAMI IN 6 TO 8 FOOTERS??????
I'm sure mike would run reggie anywere, on the other hand reggie needs his own rules and venue!!!!!!
One race where you lapped (for Outerlimits) out of how many other times when the checkered went in the other direction (for Fountain, Phantom {in F-2}, or any other manufacturer)? There needs to be some fair balance to this discussion that is realistic and not so overly emotional and defensive.

PS I like Outerlimits, but I do not like revisionist history.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
In 8 footers I'm sitting at the bar, I can't write checks that big.
That is the most practical statement I have ever read on this web-site in four years.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Registered

does anyone have the answers to my original questions????
Old 06-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Registered

ols school,yes it did go the other way alot, and when they beat us i shook there hand and said congrate. when we won reggie wouldn't talk a word to anyone
all in all the best to the foutains guys and any manafacture that races or poker runs it's all good as long as we're boating and having fun.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Registered

"dO YOU REALLY THINK REGGIE WILL SHOW AT A APBA KILO, THAT'S WHY HE WENT TO SBI SO HE CAN CHEAT AND WIN AND CLAIM FAME!!!!!!!!"....i think he will...UIM is the only WORLD recognized way of measuring a "kilo" record...i guess if UIM accepts LOTO's method, then great...

and the key west thing...the class the OL was in...NO RULES,,,so how can you cheat?

i am not taking ANYTHING away for either company...but a UIM recognized kilo is where it's at to make the claim...this kilo debate can not be about rules...there are unlimited...the only thing to debate is the method of quantifying them...racers (WORLD WIDE not USA) look to UIM to do just that..
Old 06-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Registered

Who holds the Kilo Record now?

Exactly.

Quick Reply: OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.