OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

Notices

OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

Old 06-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

I like the Ny run Heads up!! Builder against Builder lets see HOW FAST ARE YOU Period no rules..You see no one can cheat that way ROFLMAO

If Reggie wants to compete in the Lotto he will need a Skater Built or OL Built to run with the big guys..
Old 06-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fun isn't it??
Old 06-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formulaz583
Let me make sure I understand what everyone is yelling about. Reggie ran 160.394, and Mike ran 161.29. That is a difference of .896. LESS than 1 mph. WTF cares about 1 mph in million dollar boats?
Reggie ran his on a timed course, and Mike ran his on GPS. Did I miss something, or aren't kilo runs all supposed to be timed over a kilo?

What is really interesting is the Fountain was less that 1mph slower with 150 less hp (1300 for Fountain and 1450 for OL)

Outer42.....why do you have such disdain for Reggie ?
Old 06-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

All anyone can ask is that they both run under the same conditions on the same measured course, using the same timing gear on the same day. That's known as a level playing field.

Reggie's no dummy, he likes to have things in his favor. Whereas Mike Fiore just wants the opportunity to run against him in level playing field. Is that so wrong?

Who ever wants to win will just need to bring a bigger gun or have better aim.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree it would be nice if they met on an even playing field. The only problem is if they meet at the shootout it still won't prove who has the fastest V-hull, it will only prove who can accelerate the fastest from a standing start, which may or may not be the fastest boat. I think it would be cool if they both were at the shootout but that still won't answer the question.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:32 AM
kwb
Registered

Stupid and redicules test - unless they are just testing ONLY their hull efficiency and both builders used the same exact engine / drive under the same conditions. That would be interesting.

Otherwise put 10,000HP Top fuel motors in anything and run the 1/4 mile at 200+mph... who cares? Dumb...
Old 06-25-2004, 07:30 AM
knotpropr

The wealthy have always done things over and above and when they find a new playground, they go for it. Love it or not, they are pushing things harder and farther than ever before and it will help all in the long run with better built, more efficient equipment and designs. Look what happened to bikes, simular situation - kick-azz harley is now $80k (give or take).

Old 06-29-2004, 09:58 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Exclamation Re: OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

Originally Posted by formulaz583
Let me make sure I understand what everyone is yelling about. Reggie ran 160.394, and Mike ran 161.29. That is a difference of .896. LESS than 1 mph. WTF cares about 1 mph in million dollar boats?
Reggie ran his on a timed course, and Mike ran his on GPS. Did I miss something, or aren't kilo runs all supposed to be timed over a kilo?
Kilo Record: The average of two passes on a given "kilo" course. One pass in each direction.

Reggie's new V-Bottom World Speed Record is "NOT" 160.394 mph

Although they would like you to think that is the number with it being in big bold print in the advertising.

The record that he has established with the SBI sanctioning body is:158.705 MPH

Congrats to Fountain for achieving this venture.

Outerlimits on the other hand set an average speed of 161.29 mph in a certified speed trial sanctioned by National Powerboat Association. A former racing association which now hosts Poker Runs.

Now as I said in the past, I too would like to see both companies line up on a UIM sanctioned course. That is truly a "World Championship Challenge" Perhaps Fabio could bring something along as well?

It would be real interesting to see some competition from Europe get into the mix.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 06-29-2004 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

The way I see it OL and Fountain both ran very close to 160mph. They are tied. Both hulls are equal taking HP into consideration. One is not faster than the other. TIED!!

That's why they are so ticked!

Being tied is torture to these guys! They can't live with that!
Old 06-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

But who built the Fountain ?? Was that a Skater Built boat??

Quick Reply: OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.