Notices

Tim's Rivershore Sold

Old 06-24-2004, 08:48 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tim's Rivershore Sold

Ijust got the email Tim sold it too the developer he was unable to get anywhere with the county.What a sad day on the river not to have Tim's 1 open after these season.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Tim's Rivershore Sold

Another great riverfront restaurant gone.

Here is a copy of the e-mail...

CRABMAN NEWS: "THE BASTARDS WON EDITION" June 24, 2004

Tim Sold The Rivershore to KSI
It breaks my heart to know my friend was so beaten on by a developer and
Board of County Supervisors that he finally had to sell his pride and
joy. Tim is the best business man I have ever met and so there is no way
I will second guess him on this but after watching him for two hours
today being tag teamed by the County's staff. Just as he had an answer
for one of the 10 there another would leap in off the ropes with another
issue to blind side Tim.

Tim has told me to just tell you for now he thanks all that came out to
support him with his fight to save Tim's as it is. Seems one or two ONLY
on the Board were there to help a County business while [in my humble
opinion] others lied through their teeth and intended his demise. My
voting and my influence on this county's elections will be directed at
those on the Board who put Tim in this position. Though I saw their lips
move and I heard words from their mouths it was easy to see who clearly
was working to push Tim out in favor of the developer. To those on the
Board who may be reading this..."Enjoy your last term" and KARMA is a B1tch.

The details I know are Tim has sold the Rivershore but will remain
through 2005. At that time it's a crap shoot but the developer KSI has
told Tim they "will try and incorporate Tim in their development plans".
That promise and a $1 will get you a starbucks coffee.

My heart is broken for Timmy and OUTRAGED at my elected Officials and
their hinchmen on staff. I hope you are too.

That's all I know right now folks but I will update you again as soon as
I know something.

Pirate Mike
<><
Old 06-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

'tis DEFINATELY a sad day. Phuckers. I used to like Prince William County a bit over Fairfax County for less of the bull$hit. They all suck now.

Thank goodness for Tim's II.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:03 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Angry Re: Tim's Rivershore Sold

what's next ? you gotta love those elected officials.if we didn't elect them we wouldn't have anyone to be pissed at.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Old 06-25-2004, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a sad day on the Potomac.

Patti and Bill
Old 06-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Registered

From the Potomac News:

Tim's Rivershore sold to KSI

By AILEEN M. STRENG
News & Messenger
Friday, June 25, 2004

Vienna-based KSI Services announced Thursday it will buy Tim's Rivershore Restaurant for an undisclosed amount.??

KSI is in the midst of building the upscale Harbor Station development on the Cherry Hill peninsula where Tim Bauckman is embroiled in a dispute with the county over code compliance issues for his Potomac River restaurant. ?

The agreement, which was reached Wednesday, provides continued operation of the restaurant by Bauckman and his staff for the next two years, said Cassie Cataline, vice president of marketing for KSI.

The deal was struck just one day after Bauckman and more than 100 supporters, employees and patrons of the popular restaurant at the end of Cherry Hill Road packed a Prince William Board of County Supervisors meeting and begged county officials to have mercy on the local businessman.

The riverfront restaurant's decks were damaged by Hurricane Isabel in September and were rebuilt within two weeks.?Earlier this month, county inspectors citing code violations and other violations closed the decks to diners.

Since the 200-plus-seat decks were closed, Bauckman said he has lost 58 percent of his business and has had to lay off 70 of his 100 employees.

County Supervisors Chairman Sean T. Connaughton, who was criticized Tuesday for not discussing more ways to help Bauckman and for ending discussion an hour and 30 minutes into comments from supporters, was dismayed by the news.

Thursday, Connaughton and supervisors Hilda M. Barg, D-Woodbridge; John D. Jenkins, D-Neabsco; and Maureen S. Caddigan, R-Dumfries, and top county officials visited the restaurant separately to expedite Bauckman's deck reopening, Connaughton said.

"The board, evidenced by the fact that four of us?went down there today, were more than willing to try and figure out what the facts were versus the fiction -- then to essentially find out that we were all being played," said Connaughton.

Their intent was to build a "punch list" of requirements that Bauckman needed to complete so the decks could be opened as soon as possible, Connaughton said.

Bauckman told them that he had sold to KSI about three minutes into the meeting, he said.

"I was surprised," he said, adding that he almost jumped out of his chair with shock. "I really don't know what to say."

While Bauckman's supporters asked for help from the supervisors Tuesday, none was offered, leaving Bauckman, he said, with the prospect of continuing through the permitting process which could take at least six months.

"I was pretty deflated after Tuesday's meeting," Bauckman said. "I felt the supervisors weren't really listening to us. This [restaurant] has been here for 10 years. Now, all of a sudden, it was going to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and six to eight months to square it away."

"I felt I was in a situation with [Prince William] County that I couldn't win," he said.

Part of the sales agreement calls for completion of the permitting process before the changing of hands later this year, according to KSI's statement. "KSI will work with Bauckman to correct the violations, comply with county code and address area residents' concerns," the statement reads.

Cataline and Bauckman both declined to discuss the purchase price on Thursday afternoon.

"I think that public pressure is the only reason we are where we are with KSI right now. They realize that the public wants us here," Bauckman said.

"I wish I didn't feel like I was herded toward this," he said. "The whole thing feels kind of strange."

Bauckman said that the specifics on the continued operation of the restaurant are still being negotiated. He hopes that in the future, a new Tim's Rivershore restaurant will be built by KSI in the vicinity of the current one.

KSI would own the building and Bauckman would run it.

"That's our hope," Bauckman said. "It's definitely something though that is down the road."

Patti

Last edited by 45sonic; 06-25-2004 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Don't feel too sorry for ole Tim. Whenever it says "for an undisclosed amount" that means he got paid!!

It just sucks that we basically have nowhere to get a drink or dinner from DC to Fredericksburg.(Gecko's doesn't count, they suck).IMO Tim knew that he couldn't win, so he created a stir with the media to get some exposure and used it as a bargaining tool. As unfortunate as it is, that's smart business.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by craig223
It just sucks that we basically have nowhere to get a drink or dinner from DC to Fredericksburg.(Gecko's doesn't count, they suck).
Don't forget Ft. Washington. Frank has a great place there...the Proud Mary.
But, yes, between Ft. Washington and Fairview, there is nothing for boaters (and, yes, Oasis doesn't count).

Yes, Tim will profit from this, it's the boaters that loose. Guess that why we stay south most of the time.

Patti
Old 06-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Registered

Good for Tim! Take the $$$ and get a new restaurnat on someone else's dime. Is this a great county or what. Seeing KSI is in Tyson's, how is Til Hazel involved in this one. And let's face it, from DC to Richmond, and West to WV if it's in Northern Virginia, it's going to go just the way he wants it.

BTW, if Tim sold 3 minutes into the meeting, is he apologizing to all of his supporters for not letting them know and asking him to back off? Sounds like he was just letting the supervisors know that when the app comes in for the new restaurant, there is a need and want.

I don't know Tim, and I mean him no disregard, but someone mentioned earlier he is the best businessman he ever met, from the post, and news stories, I would agree!

Quick Reply: Tim's Rivershore Sold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.