Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need Trailer/short haul for 38' in PA/MD area (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82232-need-trailer-short-haul-38-pa-md-area.html)

C_Spray 06-28-2004 07:53 AM

Need Trailer/short haul for 38' in PA/MD area

I need to move my boat about 60 miles from the dry stack in Port Deposit, MD to a paint shop in Marietta, PA. The boat needs to go over on on July 4/5/6 and return on July 20.

Can anyone help out, or recommend a good local service? I don't mind paying a reasonable price.

R Addiction 06-28-2004 08:52 AM

Re: Need Trailer/short haul for 38' in PA/MD area

Hey Chuck, How about Bajaboobs trailer? I saw a big trailer behind the marina yesterday with Baja on the side. May be his but it's been there for a while. I'm heading down in a couple minutes to do some service work :rolleyes:

C_Spray 06-28-2004 10:20 AM

John - Latest report was bad brakes and wheel bearings from lack of use. Let me know if you can spot anything with potential. Dave Read couldn't help.

(Check out the 5-week stain on the bottom of Me, Too!)

Ted G 06-28-2004 07:10 PM

Chuck try on the club website, I bet there is one there...

bajabob38 06-28-2004 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Hey Chuck, How about Bajaboobs trailer? I saw a big trailer behind the marina yesterday with Baja on the side. May be his but it's been there for a while. I'm heading down in a couple minutes to do some service work :rolleyes:

Nope thats not mine, My Trailer Died :(

R Addiction 06-28-2004 08:50 PM

I've never seen "THAT" boat "THAT" dirty. You should be ashamed.....of being able to be on your boat for 5 weeks straight!! :D

R Addiction 06-28-2004 08:52 PM

I had my digital with me to...I should have taken a few ....but I wouldn't do that to you Chuck....Now BahaBob....thats another story!! :eek:

bob 06-28-2004 09:03 PM

Chuck would you need to keep the boat on the trailer while it was in for paint work?

R Addiction 06-28-2004 09:09 PM

You were in our conversation today Bob.....PM Chuck about this!! :cool:

C_Spray 06-29-2004 07:32 AM

Bob - Thanks for the email. I sent you a reply. If this doesn't work out, I'll try Ted's suggestion and post on the CBPBA web site.

R - It'll be clean by Thursday afternoon. You should have seen it after it sat in Elizabeth City (fresh water) for 9 days. I've never seen a black scum line like that - we had to reach over the side of the boat with a scrub brush and REALLY lean on it. The horror.....the horror.... :crazy: Two days later we had it hauled out and gave it a proper scrubbing. Now do you understand why we want to get some Imron on the sides/bottom of that thing?