Is Cigarette In Trouble????? >

Is Cigarette In Trouble?????

Notices

Is Cigarette In Trouble?????

Old 07-02-2004, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts
Talking Re: Is Cigarette In Trouble?????

Originally Posted by Vern
Somehow I knew someone from the OL camp would get their panties in a bunch!!
This should bunch 'em up good.
Attached Thumbnails Is Cigarette In Trouble?????-ol-tow.jpg  
Old 07-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Cigarette In Trouble?????

I'd laugh, but you never know when you are going to be on the end of that tow rope, and I don't like to mess with karma.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

I'd laugh, but you never know when you are going to be on the end of that tow rope, and I don't like to mess with karma.
Isn't that the truth!! It's all in good fun
Old 07-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ain't that the truth....I was once towed by a jet ski in my last cat.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Is Cigarette in trouble?? Not compared to the trouble they've seen in the past!

I'd say Cigarette is at the top of their game. I've never seen nicer boats produced by Cigarette than the current models. Everyone criticized the new owner/CEO when he bought Cigarette for wanting to promote the name and brand further and push it out to the masses via murchandise and PR. The boat speaks for it self, plain and simple. He saw Cigarette needed to work on it's image and that's what they've been doing. It's working!

You see alot of Cig's for sale, but look at the years of the boats for sale. They are spread out across almost thirty years!!! What other brand can say that about?? When Cigarette has been building boats that long, you're going to see alot of them for sale.

And I couldn't agree more. The people who can afford the high end/new cigs are moving up quicker, turning over their one to two year old boats to get a new cig with bigger power.

It all comes down to the simpe fact; the masses refer to all offshore racing style boats as "Cigarette boats". The #1 on the name sake is there for a reason.

My .02

Tank
Old 07-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
I won't worry until people at the gas station ask me "Is that one a them thar Outerlimits boat?"

Not only is it a good one, but a very accurate statement

I would dare to say that Cig is in as good a shape as they have been in years with Skip overseeing things. New plant is incredible as is the product they are producing ! And the t-shirts aernt bad either
Old 07-04-2004, 06:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

SKIP, has done one hell of a job in just 2 years. It's a group effort, and it showed at the last Miami show. There were some unique features and were exampled 46 RR and Maximus, which I thought were very innovative. New dash layouts, custom seats, and logo on steering wheel. The custom bling bling goes a long way when you are trying to differentiate yourself at the docks. Their paint has improved 100%, so overall you have to give credit to a guy who is a good business man, but also more important has a passion, and it shows in every boat that leaves the factory. Jeff
Old 07-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Allan4

Originally Posted by DEVIL MAN
Anyone that wants a mint condition used Top Gun should contact me...a 99 with big power that is brand new with dry sump six's....it is a show stopper and at a very competitve price...it won't put you in the poor house like a new TG will.

DMan
DMan...you have the sweetest Cig I have ever seen. I am not in a position to buy your boat, but if it's not too much trouble I would like to get some info on it. I have a few buddies who are snooping, plus I would like to keep the info on hand. I would love to see a Midwest guy pic this thing up.

You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Anyone who has not seen this boat and is currently shopping...this thing is a must see. Just wish I had the dime to buy, very sweet.

Thanks man,

A4