Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82357-lake-champlain-milk-run-saturday-july-31st.html)

GLH 08-01-2004 10:22 PM

Re: Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Thanks for all that came out.

I will need a few days to clean cobwebs out. Thanks Brian for not posting me trying to get into my rig(to sleep) Saturday night!

I hope all had fun we sure did thank you all!

derekdeben 08-01-2004 10:55 PM

you know when the big boats stuff it its pretty bad there was a 28 sunsation running with us pretty impressive (balls) there was a 23 ultra that ran for alittle while he wasrunning between them (smart) the rest of us where running over them or Thur them (brain dead) all in all it was a great time i never caught so much air in my life i think we are certified for or pilot license.

wwwTOPDJcom 08-01-2004 11:29 PM

I would have loved to taken some photos of the condtions on Saturday
but I love my Camera too much. Wish I had bought a disposible waterproof one

Monica said she had never seen me run the boat in conditions like Saturdays.
Me , Masi242, and Waterheater spent the better part of 45 minutes going against 4,5 and a Occasional 6 footer with wind gusts of 10-20mph just to get to Mallets Bay.
I was wet from head to toe, we were Laughing all the way there too :D

Today the weather was great. Its a real nice place to have a poker run
with stops laid out like GLH has them. Maybe next year the weather will be better.

Chris288 08-02-2004 07:25 AM

I'd have to say they were solid 5 footers with an occasional 6-7. I had an absolute blast Running the Sunsation in that water down to the Turtle. :drink: Then the waves subsided enough for the guys with the 38's and 42's to go out, :D :D it was nice to finally see the lake, it truely is gorgeous up there... :)

P.S. really wished I had got to meet a lot of the people I have been talking with on here for the past 2 years.. :( Guess the CHITTY forcast and eventual weather had something to say about that..

Chris288 08-02-2004 07:44 AM

By the way,, who had the bet for 8 boats actually doing the run 2 broken windshields and 1 break down. ??

waterheater 08-02-2004 07:44 AM

Chris i was hoping to meet more myself. Oh well. Met Kanookster and Masi242 on friday, headed to the turtle, then met others like Top DJ, Airpacker, (boy he's a rig unto himself), and others. Had a ball. :D

EvilTwin 08-02-2004 10:02 AM

Gl,

Thanks for getting it together. Had a great time even with the non cooperative weather. I finally got to see some of the lake and it was great. Thanks again.

Chris288,

What color was your Sunsation? Were you the one Sunsation that went for a ride later in the afternoon with us to Mallets Bay then to Burlington? I was the one in the 38 Top Gun.

Water,

I am glad you made it back across ok Saturday morning.

Airpacker,

You were the first cat we saw out there Saturday evening. Very nice.

Chuck,

We pulled off the northway at exit 15 last night behind you. Very nice boat. I wish I could have seen it run. If you talk to (I think it is Heath with Strip Poker) tell him thank you for the assistance at the ramp. I didn't get a chance to thank him before he got away.

I had a great time meeting everyone.

Chris288 08-02-2004 10:15 AM

Chris,,, I was the ONLY Sunsation on the " 4 pm run ",,, Kanook broke his drive about 1/2 way accros the bay and had to get help.. I had been talking with Joe just about the whole time we were at the turtle,, quite a character.. sorry I shoul have introduced ourselves to you,,, seemed nobody really knew who anyone was ...

masi242 08-02-2004 11:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics just befor some of the big boys left. It was great to meet so many members powerguy, Airpacker, topdj,waterheater,Gl, Todd and many more.

masi242 08-02-2004 11:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Waterheaters beautiful Nordic, Gl & group, Mr&Mrs Koonkstr on the Sunsation.