Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82357-lake-champlain-milk-run-saturday-july-31st.html)

Audiofn 07-12-2004 06:53 AM

Re: Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Hey GL change me over to a 18 Donzi, work is keeping me away from the Formula. Donzi is running well however......knock on wood.....

Were is my best location for a hotel as I aint sleeping in the Donzi!!! :D

Jon

Audiofn 07-12-2004 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by penbroke
The old Donzi is back together and we will once again be attending the Milk Run and competing in the catagories of oldest, smallest and slowest. :rolleyes: In an effort to keep up we will be taking all the shortcuts we can find and likely skip the Essex stop. We do however expect to make it to the end this time. :D

Put me down for 2 in a '66 Donzi 18 / 289 Cobra from the Green Mountain State.

GL: How's the Tiger doing???

Frank

Frank looks like you and I will be running together bro :D:D

1981 18 foot 2+3 with TRS and 454.

GLH 07-12-2004 06:54 AM

I don't know about the Bimini but if it was a flag graphic it is that 38 I referred to earlier It has F2-71 number on the hull. It might be 1999-2001 year boat I think. Ed is right it is named "Miss Behaving".
The boat is from FL and was used for Poker runs. The owner is doing a good job refurbishing everything on it.
I crossed him at the cut to Mallets Bay yesterday around noon, he might of headed south.

GLH 07-12-2004 07:07 AM

Hey Ed,
Doc John can't wait to duke it out with your rig, I've been telling him that his assessment of his cat going 115 mph has been questioned heavily around the lake (namely by me) to drive him nuts!... It's way to easy to get into his head :D:D:D

Once I said that he looks at his engineer GF during Dinner at the Turtle Saturday night and starts extrapolating numbers on a piece of paper. Saying;
-Well I hit 98mph at 5000rpm on the way over and I can hit 5700 so my top speed should be...
I stopped him and said that those kinds of top speeds are for people sitting at the end of a bar with a drink in there hand and own no boats, pointed to the lake and said that is where you see top speeds not on a piece of paper... I also asked him what color was the sky in his world? With his logic I told him I also hit 117mph at about 8000rpm!

I had fun getting him going and took that paper out all night when we invariably got back to talking boats!!!! :D:D

Great time all in all.

Sorry I missed you looked like you were around the same areas yesterday.

powerguy 07-12-2004 07:18 AM

Saw a 38' or so Fountain with the red/white/blue flag stripe down by Essex last night with a bimini but no race numbers on the side. There has to be 4-5 fountains on the lake now with that graphic.

Tom Ashley was also out last night in his new Velocity.... pretty boat....

Scarab105 07-12-2004 07:54 AM

GL

I would be happy to give him a run. But theres no way I can keep up to 115 mph.
I think at the run I will try to hang back until the last leg. (notice I said try) Need to save the drives and make sure I make it this year to the end.

Ed

GLH 07-12-2004 08:36 AM

Charlie's Fountain looks like is getting moded into a little hotrod!!! Saw Ed's prop on it Saturday.

Scarab105 07-12-2004 09:16 AM

How is charlie making out? Did he get it in the water? He showed me his new
set up. nice!

GLH 07-12-2004 10:08 AM

The were out Saturday and Sunday with it I saw them put the rig back on the trailer yesterday around 6PM. Did not talk to him however.
Knowing Charlie it must run OK or else he would not be out on the lake if anything was not up to snuff.

Scarab105 07-12-2004 10:53 AM

I took a ride yesterday to Thayer's and I did not see anyone I knew. I was
looking for Tom to take a look at his new boat. I had my grandson with me so
I did not mess around. The sun was brutal.