Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Viewing of Offshore races zucks! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82374-viewing-offshore-races-zucks.html)

rfweber 06-30-2004 08:05 AM

Re: Viewing of Offshore races zucks!

Does Anyone See A Problem Here !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stillcrazy 06-30-2004 08:14 AM

course was changed because of disgruntled EX APBA exec.disguised as a Manatee.Didn't want race to succeed

mr_velocity 06-30-2004 09:11 AM

OPA has a great site here in NJ, Go look at the photos from the Brick race. Time to put NJ on the National Schedule!!!

BODYSHOT1 06-30-2004 11:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
OPA has a great site here in NJ, Go look at the photos from the Brick race. Time to put NJ on the National Schedule!!!

:)

BODYSHOT1 06-30-2004 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
..and the view from the course... :D

Hauling Trash 06-30-2004 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity

There just no room to hold a Big time race and We need new people to run a race the right way with no B.S.

McGary911 06-30-2004 12:08 PM

I was at the OPA race in Pt Beach, NJ this past Sunday and had a great spot at the end of Martells pier. I also got some great pics of the boats roaring out of the inlet. In the past, when i had my big boat in the water, we would get a spot about 300' off turn 3, which seemed fine with everybody. Close enough to see for sure.

At the race on Sunday, the race officials had a problem keeping boats from the south turns of the course due to high winds. Caused a bit of a delay. By the chatter on the radio, race officials wanted them back 300' feet from the turn. Is that close enough? guess that depends on your definition of close. I was happy at martels by the 4th turn.

Mr V, were you there? where'd you see the race from?

mr_velocity 06-30-2004 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by McGary911
I was at the OPA race in Pt Beach, NJ this past Sunday and had a great spot at the end of Martells pier. I also got some great pics of the boats roaring out of the inlet. In the past, when i had my big boat in the water, we would get a spot about 300' off turn 3, which seemed fine with everybody. Close enough to see for sure.

At the race on Sunday, the race officials had a problem keeping boats from the south turns of the course due to high winds. Caused a bit of a delay. By the chatter on the radio, race officials wanted them back 300' feet from the turn. Is that close enough? guess that depends on your definition of close. I was happy at martels by the 4th turn.

Mr V, were you there? where'd you see the race from?

I saw the race from right here, the pics were incredible. I will be at the next event without a doubt.

MIAMIBOYZ 06-30-2004 12:36 PM

That is why I`m racing now, to many years being a spectator and not comming up with a solid race boat. The fans in Marathon were really close to the race course if I remember correctly. See you guys this weekend in Sarasota.

Albert
P4-12 MIAMI BOYS RACING
SBI

Ron P 06-30-2004 12:57 PM

OPA will be running in Point Pleasant again on Friday August 13th. (can't race on a weekend in the middle of summer) Maybe Hauling Trash will hold his own race before then so we can see how to do it "the right way".

Atlantic City is coming up next. It's just as good of a venue if not better. The race is on Sunday July 18th and we have a 25K purse for that race. That's a nice payout when you only have to pay 5 classes. Hopefully some of the OSS teams will be attending the A/C race along with a bunch of boats that didn't make this last one.

PS, We need water volunteers for the A/C race. If your interested in getting the best seat for the race, send me a PM and I'll get you in the middle of the action.