Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smoke On The Water Poker Run One week to go!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82502-smoke-water-poker-run-one-week-go.html)

boatme 07-01-2004 05:26 PM

Smoke On The Water Poker Run One week to go!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Ok gang these are the boats signed up right now (no perticular order)

100 entrants !!!!!!!

The names have been eliminated to protect the guilty

We are guessing another 15 or 20 will enter the event through next week

The group is shaping up nice and all in attendance will have a great time

Boats will start arriving this weekend !!! American muscle will be delivered to my place on Sunday for Skip. Many are coming in a few days early to enjoy the area.

Let the games begin!!!!!

42 Cigarette
40 Eliminator
30 Baja
41 Saber
36 Skater
42 Cigarette
37 Active Thunder
41 Saber
48 Sunseeker
42 Apache
29 Endevor
35 Fountian
42 Sonic
38 Cigarette
38 Eliminator
27 Eliminator
40 Skater
44 Baja
40 Navy Seals
43 Black Thunder
38 Powerquest
38 Cigarette
50 Nor-Tech
38 Cigarette
39 Ocean Express
42 Outer Limits
28 Saber
31 Ocean Express
38 Powerquest
50 Nor-Tech
44 MTI
36 Nor-Tech
36 Apache
36 Eliminator
47 Fountian
41 Velocity
36 Sonic
29 Powerquest
38 Cigarette
35 Formula
42 Baja
47 Outer Limits
34 Power Quest
43 Scarab
29 Powerquest
40 Baja
35 Cigarette
32 Envision
35 Fountian
35 Cigarette
41 Saber
38 Cigarette
47 Fountian
50 Hustler
35 Cigarette
38 Formula
50 Nor-Tech
47 Fountian
31 Cigarette
37 Outer Limits
42 Fountian
38 Formula
46 Skater
32 Skater
36 Sonic
37 Outer Limits
34 Powerquest
36 Nor-Tech
42 Cigarette
35 Fountian
42 Cigarette
36 Skater
43 Skater
40 Baja
46 Black Thunder
50 Hustler
47 Fountian
42 Fountian
38 Powerquest
42 MTI
42 Outerlimits
38 Fountian
38 Bertram
44 MTI
42 MTI
42 Cigarette
50 Hustler
42 Outerlimits
39 Ocean Express
41 Formula
38 Hustler
39 Cigarette
26 Powerquest
38 Fountian
40 Skater
42 Cigarette
30 Powerquest
28 Powerquest

boatme 07-01-2004 06:28 PM

Re: Smoke On The Water Poker Run One week to go!!!

1 Attachment(s)
come one come all :)

Quiet Storm 07-01-2004 11:45 PM

Add a 28 Checkmate to the list. :)

The Sonics broke. :mad:

Oh well, I plan to have a hell of a time anyway. :drink:

boatme 07-02-2004 05:03 AM

ohhh yea and a 28 checkmate:)

also we have to ad 2 Nordics to the list now as well

sre 07-02-2004 11:51 AM

Where is the Marina located?

How about the best location to watch from?

KAAMA 07-03-2004 09:31 AM

SRE,

If being around the event tent, and being able to see the boats up close in their repective slips, being able to get a peek in a few engine compartments, and all of the commradary, etc, isn't that important to you, and you don't have a boat to observe from then I would say one of the best spots to watch from are one of the piers. Even though the event starts in Grand Haven, you can go to Holland, South Haven, or one of the other card stops and watch them come in.

The first year of the event I have stood on the south Grand Haven pier and watched them take off out of the jetty/channel (which is pretty cool) out into the lake and then raundevoux from the starting point about 1 mile off shore,----BUT once they leave the jetty/pier-head area you can't see much cuz they are too far out. As an "on land" observer, I have found that going to one of the card stop harbors to be a better and MUCH more exciting spot to observe from. This is because you can see what boats are running at the head of the pack, who survived the first leg without breaking down and who didn't , etc, at that time as they come in to draw their playing card and then head back out for the next port and card draw. So, to me it's MUCH more exciting at Holland or South Haven, etc, than watching them from Grand Haven---just my opinion.

I have also found in the past that if you stand at a high spot along the shoreline inbetween ports that you will not be able to see the boats that well because they are usually about one mile off shore and you'll need a good pair of binos to see who's who. I always like to bring binoculars anyway, but to me standing along the shoreline inbetween ports is NOT that exciting.

What I did last year was go see the boats on Friday afternoon/night where the event is held and then Saturday morning I drove to one of the card stop ports (Holland), and stood out on the north pier-head/jetty. This year I will go down to the South Haven pier-head and watch them come in to do a card draw.

Whether you participate or not, it's a neat and exciting event! Have fun! :)

dyno 07-03-2004 08:47 PM

Gettin the itch now....can almost smell the racin gas!!!!

Scooter 07-03-2004 09:26 PM

Can't wait me and the wife will be down Fri night late staying in Muskegon for Fri and sat night always a good time, and people 3 year for me and no boat either. Still great time, i guess last year on a boat with waterfoul and blew a belt but hell cost me 40.00 in fuel for 15 mins lol just messing with you waterfoul.

see you all there,

dyno 07-04-2004 11:31 AM

Scooter I gave you a better ride than that and didn't hit you for a dime....call it even!

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 07-05-2004 05:53 AM

Looks like I'm going to miss watching this years run :mad: Still having low water pressure and overheating problems :(
Steve