Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The most bad ass thing I have EVER seen! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82523-most-bad-ass-thing-i-have-ever-seen.html)

dockrocker 07-01-2004 10:48 PM

The most bad ass thing I have EVER seen!

I don't know whether to crown this guy as my hero or to be very, very afraid.

The weekend hardware store project

ChrisK 07-02-2004 12:58 AM

Re: The most bad ass thing I have EVER seen!

I dont wanna join... so cut N paste it

Iggy 07-02-2004 05:04 AM

Very ingenious....also very risky.
At first I thought this was some adult with a penchant for self destruction. Then I find out it's a kid!

He'll either have a great career in designing weapons of mass destruction or we'll be hearing about his death on the evening news.

All we need is for the rednecks to get hold of this idea and we'll be hearing about people blowing themselves up for months.
"Hey Bubba, hold my beer and watch this.........!!!!" :crazy: :crazy:

GrinandBarrett 07-02-2004 05:27 AM

Chris, no need to join just scroll down to see

Strip Poker 388 07-02-2004 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Need to mix up some navel jelly and some diesel fuel , make it thick, Napalm :D :D It will stick to things and burn longer. :eek:

glassdave 07-02-2004 06:56 AM

his parents must be so proud :rolleyes:

open87 07-02-2004 06:56 AM

rob ,it's raining again :crazy:

JUSTONCE 07-02-2004 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Need to mix up some navel jelly and some diesel fuel , make it thick, Napalm :D :D It will stick to things and burn longer. :eek:

or melt Styrofoam in gas till thick.

dkwestern 07-02-2004 07:06 AM

very cool flame thrower

Cord 07-02-2004 07:54 AM

I'm thinking party cove...

dockrocker 07-02-2004 07:56 AM

Funny part is, I was reading most of the comments and it turns out his parents are the one's taking the pictures! :eek:

Go to the last page and there are some pretty cool movies of this thing in action.

MitchStellin 07-02-2004 08:30 AM

There are some seriously sick people on that board. Some of the comments borderline terrorism. I have no doubt they are being watched like a hawk. :mad:

racer-x6 07-02-2004 08:46 AM

That Is Very Dangerous, By Pressurizing The Fuel In The Tank Without Using A Bladder At Some Point The Fuel Air Mixture Will Reach A Optimum Point And The Risk Of It Igniting Back In The Line And Tank. We Will Hear About Him Soon!!!!!

dockrocker 07-02-2004 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
There are some seriously sick people on that board. Some of the comments borderline terrorism. I have no doubt they are being watched like a hawk. :mad:

Oh, no doubt. Mostly a bunch of stupid high school and college kids that don't know squat about the real world. I take it with a grain of salt, believe it or not there was a time when I thought I knew everything ;)

super termoli 07-02-2004 09:04 AM

If you think homemade flamethrowers are kickass, 3rd degree burns over 90% of the body are pretty kickass too. Even though he is using a bladder tank (Camelback), I believe that ******* will set himself alight at some point. And then, as his avatar says, he will be cooler than any of us will EVER be. EVER.

Teenagers usually resort to this type of stunt to make themselves interesting, because they aren't getting any action. Somebody should explain to him that while chicks may dig scars, severe burns are an entirely different matter.

dockrocker 07-02-2004 09:11 AM

For those that prefer something a bit tamer...

http://www.trebuchet.com/ - nothing says family fun like a backyard medievel siege engine!

How do you like your potatoes? Mashed, baked, or shot out of a pneumatic cannon?

www.siege-engine.com - trebuchet not your bag? Try a few other old-time WMD...

super termoli 07-02-2004 09:20 AM

hmmm. same thing, quite dangerous. i saw a film where they made one of those things and tried to launch someone into a safety netting except they totally miscalculated the landing spot. multiple fractures...

super termoli 07-02-2004 10:04 AM

oh no, now that i've gathered the patience to check this thing out carefully, Racer-X6 is absolutely right! He's not using a bladder, that backpack is not a Camelback, it's only used to support a solid PVC reservoir. Holy crap, this guy will terminate himself in a blaze of glory. especially blaze...

dockrocker 07-02-2004 10:05 AM

The Darwin awards exist for a reason...

X-Rated30 07-02-2004 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Iggy
All we need is for the rednecks to get hold of this idea :crazy: :crazy:

Too late... Built my first flamethrower in JUNIOR HIGH. :cool:

This guy is either a late bloomer or a yankee. :rolleyes:

Downtown42 07-02-2004 11:53 AM

That is awesome.

aero-offshore 07-02-2004 12:03 PM

He could use a eigniter from a barbeque grill to clean up that gun a little.

Sofa King 07-02-2004 08:21 PM

wow

Hydrocruiser 07-02-2004 08:55 PM

That kid has a little too much time on his hands. My kid ever did that and military school here he comes!

Steve 1 07-02-2004 09:00 PM

He runs that thing out of fuel and gets a Flashback into the supply system we will See another Darwin entry..

puder 07-03-2004 01:59 PM

the is insane!!! i liek it but wow does it look dangerous!!!!!

at least he didn't use gas.