Notices

4th of July Damage Report

Old 07-03-2004, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default 4th of July Damage Report

My wife and I got up early this morning, went and got the boat out of the geerage and trailered up to the Chesapeake for a day of fun in the sun. Didn't quite work out that way.

Got to the ramp, put the boat in the water and "the Man" Maryland DNR asked us if we wanted a courtesy safety examination. We said sure, it took about 15 minutes and passed with flying colors. We also got to watch idiots putting their boats in and even saw one jackazz fall in the water.

Fired up the engines and headed out. It's about 3/4 of a mile of no wake and we finally went to get up on plane and the port drive took a dump on me (so I thought). The good news is that it's not the drive, but the coupler. When I start the engine, the shaft isn't turning @ the back of the engine. Worse things could have happened and no one got hurt- That's boating!!!
Old 07-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 4th of July Damage Report

Looks like you will be land lock for the 4th, oh well like you said it could have been worse.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bajabob38
Looks like you will be land lock for the 4th, oh well like you said it could have been worse.
Hey Bob!! Yea it sucks, but I'm finally going to powerwash the back deck that Nancy's been on my azz about doing for the past few months!!

We were on our way to meet up with C-Spray and WooHoo
Old 07-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Registered

You still have one engine!!! We had a friend who blew a motor, took it out and ran on one, then that one chewed an impeller and now he is on the wall in Grand Haven, but he is still out there
Old 07-03-2004, 07:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
You still have one engine!!! We had a friend who blew a motor, took it out and ran on one, then that one chewed an impeller and now he is on the wall in Grand Haven, but he is still out there

We still stayed out for about an hour and 1/2 idleing around. It was just a little too rough to stay out all day. It just sucks that we towed for over an hour to get up there and break. We could have been in the Potomac which is 20 minutes from home and 2 miles from where I keep the boat.

I run my boat hard... If I wanted to putt around, I would have bought a SeaRay It's all good.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by craig223
I'm finally going to powerwash the back deck that Nancy's been on my azz about doing for the past few months!!
223 - you're the Man.
Mid-summer, Fourth of July weekend, . . . . amicably submitted to a DNR inspection . . . . BLOW A DRIVE COUPLER . . . didn't even get up on plane to fully enjoy the day you had planned . . . . and still can find the clouds' silver lining . . . . by GOD you are a true boater. . . . I salute you.

I would have been a rabid dog.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Registered

Based on my previous 4th of July weekends boating, you are much safer with the boat on the trailer.

Sorry you had problems.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2owarrior
Based on my previous 4th of July weekends boating, you are much safer with the boat on the trailer.
I agree. I'm down right now with fuel pressure isues, and I'm glad it's this weekend 'cause I wasn't going to take the boat out for amiture nite anyway.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

that happened to "who's your daddy " for the royal purple poker run. they took it to the shop out came the motor new part installed and made it to the prop stop for 5:30 that evening. good luck , coulda been worse
Old 07-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Craig, that sucks. I guess we wont see you out tomorrow on the Potomac?

Quick Reply: 4th of July Damage Report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.