Looking for Lost cockpit cover LOTO >

Looking for Lost cockpit cover LOTO

Notices

Looking for Lost cockpit cover LOTO

Old 07-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Lost cockpit cover LOTO

Hey guys if anyone is traveling from Kingdom City to Jefferson City on 54 and see a cockpit cover from a 33 Baja Outlaw that is helplessly lost let me know. Hoping its laying alongside road because the alternative is a mysterious fellow boater at the Petro Truck Stop in Kingdom City. It's the only stop I made before I discovered it missing. Got a strange shoe print on back seat which is odd because shoes aren't allowed inside boat. Anyhow I would love to find it instead of thinking that a baoter ripped me off.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Registered

Default Re: Looking for Lost cockpit cover LOTO

Oh - North bound lane and gray color
Old 07-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Registered

I drove that route Monday morning, left LOTO around 8:30, I didn't notice it.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife is driving that section now, and looking for it. But, with the "shoe print", it does not sound promising.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Yeah i parked out on the south side of the place by ourselves and when we came out a truck and boat was parked on the other side of us. My boat and 4 door truck was blocking seeing them. Was a guy there, I could see feet under mine so I did a walk around and he was messing with something on his drivers seat. I never looked up at cover, i was looking at high dollar props, tires, wheel bearings, hitch and stuff. We later believe we may have came out of the convience store/resturaunt too quickly and may have been in the process of being robbed even more. We just went to bathroom and got a snack to take with us. They may have thought we were going to eat a meal in there. I didn't look to see what he was messing with on the drivers seat but wife say who knows he may have had a gun close by if we noticed the cover missing.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Registered

Yup, five finger discount. Too bad you didn't get a tag #. I also tow with a cover, if yours was loose you would have some good damage to the gel from the beating of snaps, plus someone would pass and warn you. That and it would be flailing behind you. I have a saying, if someone looks or seems guilty, I take their tag. It worked on my stolen wallet (they plea guilty to felony from a building and aiding and abetting a minor on the 12th) It worked for a friend who had something come up missing. Scum, give us something to go on, boat, truck, trailer.We will track him down so you can ask him yourself. All these stops are under surveillance, see or get the tape. Every square inch is covered as you can imagine with these scum bags out there. Do this now as they are looped and cover themselves fast, maybe they save the tapes, they should. This is your best defense and was also instrumental in capturing my wallet people. Good luck and we can find them.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Registered

I would think a cover coming off would possibly break snaps, and be pretty loud.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Registered

Thats exactly what I thought, that I would see marks on the gel and would hear or see it out my mirror. This is my 4th season with this boat and we always travel with a cockpit cover and never have had a snap come loose.

The truck was an extended cab maroon Ford 150 and the boat was 22' or so Chapparel(not 100% sure) mostly dark blue in color with a blue trailer with what I thought was odd a pair of really tall trailer guide posts. They caught my eye because of the mostly blue boat and the posts on the corner were bright white. Most likely a river boater. The guy was mostly bald maybe late 30's or early 40's. Also what struck us as odd afterwards is we never remember anyone that looked or dressed like boaters inside the store.

I'm sure disappointed in myself for not looking up at the cover when doing my walkaround. Whatelse burns my ass is I have a security system in the boat for loosers like this but never thought to activate it while we are in a convience store for 7 minutes. Better belive me I'll have it on from now on.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chart
My wife is driving that section now, and looking for it. But, with the "shoe print", it does not sound promising.
Nope. She did not see it along the road. Sorry about your loss.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Registered

Thanks for looking. Could have been alot worse.