Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's your opinion about Extreme Boats Mag? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82798-whats-your-opinion-about-extreme-boats-mag.html)

Ron P 07-07-2004 02:51 PM

What's your opinion about Extreme Boats Mag?

As EBM enters it's second year of business, it's time to hear your thoughts. We had a rough start as most new businesses do, but just 12 months later, things appear to be worked out and running smoothly.

We'd love to hear your thoughts so that we can make the magazine even better in 2004 and beyond. Please share your thoughts in our survey. Just click on the green link on the left side of the page.

EBM SURVEY

Tell us what you like and what you don't like about the mag. This is totally anonymous so fire away and let us know what you really think.

Thanks!

Ron
EBM Offshore Editor

AugiePensa 07-07-2004 02:59 PM

Re: What's your opinion about Extreme Boats Mag?

More photos of all The Jersey Boyz!

gdfatha 07-07-2004 03:15 PM

It now appears as though delivery problems have been solved...(WHEW) :drink:

1) The photos are great as long as there is a nearby reference as to WHO is in the photo..People like to see their name,boat in print...

2) I think a special fold out center page (or other methodology)should be dedicated to each events SPECIFIC CLASS WINNER (all racers are winners, but this should be dedicated to those that cross the finish line FIRST) and not too small a photo..

3) ALL photos should include a caption of who-what where- the subject is. Delete all small photos where-in one needs a magnifying glass to decipher who/what it represents ..

4) IMHO- I'd rather see a great racing action photo than a pair of "bolt ons".
Of course a photo or two of natural 34C's are always appreciated. :crazy:

5) How about an article each month on Female driver/throttleperson of the month??

6) Same for male driver/throttleman of the month??

OK--OK--WELL you asked Ron..

See ya in Key Breast...

OH yesssss....Get that helicopter lower to get those great head on views that Hot Boat/Power Boat gets.

Cord 07-07-2004 03:27 PM

The photo and print quality has increased 100 fold.

hp500efi 07-07-2004 04:04 PM

So far so good. I agree that the delivery issues have been resolved. Very nice BIG pictures. etc...

Cash Bar 07-07-2004 04:22 PM

I have trouble finding a newstand that carries it. Palm Beach County,Fl.

Ron P 07-07-2004 04:36 PM

Cash, check at Barnes and Noble. They carry EBM.

SummerObsession 07-07-2004 06:15 PM

I think EBM does a great job of covering the boating LIFESTYLE!!

I like the fact it is not exclusively a race publication, poker run publication, or advertisement for boat builders.

IMHO if you want to see race chicks, lobby RACE magazines for them (race guys too), same for poker runs. There is a magazine for that.

I enjoy stuff that relates to me, as in tow vehicle tests and features, drinks section, as well as the extreme girls. :eek: :D

If this is truly a magazine for and about the boating LIFESTYLE, then perhaps features on "EXTREME HOT SPOTS" would be handy!
For example, take and ordinary Joe (like me, I'm available :D :drink: :D ) and send them to cover Party Cove at LOTO, Dripping Springs at Grand Lake, the sandbar at Havasu, Key West (Duvall st.) and any other place on the planet that has groups of like minded boaters having a good time!

Don't cave to the special interest groups and forge ahead with what you have, continuing to improve and expand as you go!

My .04 :rolleyes: :D

lucky strike 07-07-2004 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P
Cash, check at Barnes and Noble. They carry EBM.

Walden (sp?) books?

Phantom1 07-07-2004 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Augie Pensa
More photos of all The Jersey Boyz!

If the magazine can't help.........I can. :)