Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO boat cleaning espically after Party Cove... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82869-loto-boat-cleaning-espically-after-party-cove.html)

SinkorSwim 07-08-2004 02:08 PM

LOTO boat cleaning espically after Party Cove...

1 Attachment(s)
Lets face it,, the old adage,, "Pay to Play" is very true when you go to Party Cove. The water leaves a residue line on my boat every time.. (No wise cracks Nort!)

Has anyone found a good cleaner to remove the water line... Its not so bad on the sides but in back; on the transom with all of hardware it gets a little difficult to scrub. Thats why I am looking for a super cleaner...

Any suggestions..?

CigDaze 07-08-2004 02:12 PM

Re: LOTO boat cleaning espically after Party Cove...

On & Off Hull cleaner.
Works wonders:
http://www.boatus-store.com/webapp/w...roductId=72467

buck183 07-08-2004 02:23 PM

I just use an exentable wash mit while the boat is in the water. I do it before I load the boat on trailer. Comes right off. Been doing this after leaving PC for years now.

Buck

Cord 07-08-2004 03:16 PM

Yep, you don't even need soap-so long as you don't let it dry.

Wally 07-08-2004 03:45 PM

I always have a 25% solution of simplegreen mixed with water in a spray bottle and a bunch of towels.......give everyone a towel when the boat gets pulled and they all help wipe the boat down. She's always clean when put away :D

BgBoost1 07-08-2004 05:55 PM

I use a soap bucket and soft scrub brush. On the days I am back from PC I toss some Castrol Super Clean, and the Cigarette Ashes / Oil Mix washes away!!!

Also I have found that if you wax b-4 PC, it will provide that protective coating where the scum wipes clean.

So true.......you have to pay to play!!!

Von Bongo 07-08-2004 06:06 PM

If it dries then mix ZEP toilet bowl cleaner 75/25 with water. Spray on let sit 5 minutes and wash off. Then rewax

outlawinil 07-08-2004 09:56 PM

OH you mean scum line!!

SinkorSwim 07-09-2004 06:55 AM

Hey Troutly I never did hear did the lower unit hold together for you? Hope it did...

Also I heard that you came by CP&R,, what did you think? Scott & Ruben are super guys...

Airpacker 07-09-2004 07:32 AM

Try Shell's Nautilus boat cleaner. Bio degradable and it eats scum line and transom soot with ease. You need to rewax after a few cleanings though.

dykstra 07-09-2004 07:58 AM

sno bowl toilet cleaner works great

MitchStellin 07-09-2004 08:06 AM

On & Off is it, it will take your skin off and the driveway will be eaten if it is direct but I put it on a rag and wipe it without splashing. It is the best you will find, it wipes right off. Don't waste your time on anything else.

SR-24 07-09-2004 08:19 AM

Starbrite hull cleaner works fine.

Shorty 07-09-2004 08:31 AM

Cleaning the hull is the easy part... getting the bead stains, stripper glitter, confetti, whip topping, jello shots, and who knows what from the seven mostly naked girls off of the vinyl and carpet is the hard part!

OldSchool 07-09-2004 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would imagine that whoever took this picture had to clean the inside of the boat!!

SR-24 07-09-2004 12:30 PM

That is one of the best, I love it! :p :p :p

MitchStellin 07-09-2004 01:39 PM

That is a classic pic, I love the boat in the background, those guys are in pig heaven....and the women are looking also and saying "I'd hit that too" :)

Smitty 08-02-2006 01:40 PM

Castrol super clean for the transom and if the gel is yellow/green, I mix some Tidy bowl/water about 75/25 in a garden sprayer. Spray it down, let it soak and repeat if necessary then rinse to shiny white again !!!

satisfactionII 08-02-2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Shorty
Cleaning the hull is the easy part... getting the bead stains, stripper glitter, confetti, whip topping, jello shots, and who knows what from the seven mostly naked girls off of the vinyl and carpet is the hard part!

It seems that everyone forgot to mention to wear Gloves. :evilb: