Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Potomac River Hot Boat Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83057-potomac-river-hot-boat-poker-run.html)

45sonic 07-12-2004 08:52 AM

Potomac River Hot Boat Poker Run

Beak Boater/dreamboater/Craig223/Shah Mat,

Meant to ask you all and Art what was up with this run when we were at Gilligan's Pier yesterday. I went to the Hot Boat website last week and now it's not even mentioned. It used to say that registration wasn't open yet but now its not there at all. It was supposed to be on July 24th.

I know that a lot of Poker Runs are being cancelled lately. This run was not very organized last year but we were going to give it a shot. Anyone have the latest? At one point I think Beak Boater said that Art was taking registrations?? Is this still true??

Thanks
Patti

45sonic 07-13-2004 07:34 AM

Re: Potomac River Hot Boat Poker Run

I'll bring this to the top once more...otherwise, I'll assume it's cancelled.

Shah Mat 07-13-2004 08:07 AM

The Richmond Poker run is July 31. It sounds like a good time, and I'm sure it is. I have heard stories of the Richmond crew. :D Actually saw them in action at the 03 Winter Chill Out. :eek: :eek:

If it's not booked up, I'm considering it. That is if I complete the motor swap in time. Any Potomac people going?

Steve, how's the attendance?

dreamboater 07-13-2004 08:10 AM

We will be doing the Richmond Run. We spoke to Art a few weeks ago, and I am pretty sure he said the Hotboat run was off until next year. They wanted it to be a bigger event this year and I dont think Art had enough response. I will ask Beak boater and see what he says but I am almost positive its canceled.

Sydwayz 07-13-2004 08:17 AM

I will be on the Richmond Poker Run. 6 people on Monsoon. I believe the RPR is all but full already.

45sonic 07-13-2004 08:26 AM

That's what I thought, dreamboater.

Not doing the Richmond Run this year. Just too much going on with the house. By the time we had talked about it, there were no more slips at the Hampton City marina....we were not going to be shuttled to the other marina. Anyway, Bill thought trailering the Black Thunder down there was bad enough so he was not thrilled with pulling the Fountain....too nerve-racking. If we do the Hampton Run, we are running down by water. Getting ready to sign up for the Choptank Run.

B&P

Cignificant 07-13-2004 08:31 AM

Shah, I actually had to book additional slips yesterday to accomodate everyone. We're up to the 80 boats I had said was my limit, but I can add one more if you're interested. I'll need to know soon (my cell# is 804-564-5314). The bottleneck right now seems to be hotel rooms.