Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Beware of Cobalt, I can't believe I'm admitting this! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83058-beware-cobalt-i-cant-believe-im-admitting.html)

WARPARTY36 07-12-2004 08:52 AM

Beware of Cobalt, I can't believe I'm admitting this!

I was running down the lake Saturday, and a new Cobalt pulled up next to me. We both got into the throttles, and he was pulling away from me slightly :eek: Fortunately a lake lice cut in front of me and I had to shut down before I got too embarrased :( It was the only time ever I actually didn't mind being cut off :D :D I hear it had 575's in it. He was running a strong 80! :rolleyes: YES I just opened the door for the Apache comments! :drink:

HyperBaja 07-12-2004 09:02 AM

Re: Beware of Cobalt, I can't believe I'm admitting this!

Impossible. Apaches can never lose.

Shah Mat 07-12-2004 09:06 AM

It musta had those steps that add 15mph :eek:

HiPerf2000 07-12-2004 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by HyperBaja
Impossible. Apaches can never lose.

maybe this boat was the new apache.....just incognito painted with Cobalt graphics. :p

R Addiction 07-12-2004 09:57 AM

You are a brave man admitting to that!! But give us the whole story......you were only on one engine.......and the other drive was f' :eek: in up on ya.....Right??

OldSchool 07-12-2004 10:00 AM

Bravo Butt Cobalt....King of the Lake!!! :D :D :D

boot 07-12-2004 10:01 AM

Our condolences ..........

Sydwayz 07-12-2004 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by hi-perf-2000
maybe this boat was the new apache.....just incognito painted with Cobalt graphics. :p

Yeah, you know how GM will sometimes drape a new model in vinyl when taking out the test mule. :D :D

Tbonepmp 07-12-2004 10:21 AM

Hey it's all good...
Beware of an Envison at LOTO as well, the guy plays hard and runs over 100mph with an open bow, IMCO extreme hanging off the transom with a 5-blade Hering and for power... well let's just say he has plenty of it... :)
Regards

robyw1 07-12-2004 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And he probably beat you while holding a glass of champagne while his women were sunning on the deck. Cobalt makes excelent boats if you like bowriders.

Roby :D:D