Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's your potential/ideal next boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83227-whats-your-potential-ideal-next-boat.html)

Sydwayz 07-14-2004 12:18 PM

What's your potential/ideal next boat?

Realistically speaking here; this has been a different thread with the Lottery theme before. I am completely happy with my purchase this year, and my next investment directly into the boat, aside from A/C, is something to get me to 1100-1200 HP total in twins, naturally aspirated.

I always told myself when I got into this sport; with a 26', that I would be happy when I got into a 38 foot boat. That was before I learned about the 37 Active Thunder, and I quickly ammended my aspiration to a 37/38 foot boat.

However, eveyone has to have something to shoot for right? What is your potential next boat? What are you in now, and what do you hope to move into? My boss told me something once... "A motivated employee; is an in debt employee." Everyone here is somewhat addicted to this sport, so whats gonna be your next motivator?

(If this thread tanks, I will take it that your spouses/s-o reguarly search for your posts, and nail you to the wall for them. :D )

Downtown42 07-14-2004 12:23 PM

Re: What's your potential/ideal next boat?

37 Active Thunder

trader1 07-14-2004 12:24 PM

I know what some of you will think but I will probably have a 38 powerplay built.

Quiet Storm 07-14-2004 12:28 PM

41 Saber

Jonas 07-14-2004 12:30 PM

I would like to build a new boat if not for next season the following maybe an AT37, or what i think would be the ultimate a skater v bottom but i dont know if either could pencil as i will never be in a position where i would be upside down and couldnt get out of it. and i have not had the nuts to look into it yet as i just got the fountain and my wife thinks its just fine.

WARPARTY36 07-14-2004 12:36 PM

43 or 50 Nor-Tech vee bottom with reliable power.

robyw1 07-14-2004 12:39 PM

A Nor-Tech 5000 Super CAT w/ diesels

Stormrider 07-14-2004 12:40 PM

28 pantera w/ 600-700 NA HP. I hope this will be my next boat. Not sure if it will be the last.

OldSchool 07-14-2004 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by trader1
I know what some of you will think but I will probably have a 38 powerplay built.

:D :D Hope you have plenty of time on your hands!!

38 Top Gun or a 42 Tiger for me....it depends on how big the jackpot is!! :cool:

Jassman 07-14-2004 12:49 PM

I'm going to order another 43 Nortech in a few months. I was considering a Nortech 50 v, and realize that the cockpit really isn't that much bigger, and the 43 is big enough. Also, I'm not into hi-strung twinns or even triplets, well triplets would be ok if they were cute. :p :D