Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Time to Re-power the Powerplay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83256-time-re-power-powerplay.html)

Semper Fi 07-14-2004 05:36 PM

Time to Re-power the Powerplay

I had the boat out on Saturday and went from Mission Bay to San Diego Bay. I was running 84mph on GPS, the boat seemed to be running great--until I stopped and was idleing through the bay and the engine alarm went off when the port motor shut off. It didn't sound good! sh*t happens!! :blaster:

I thought the motors were rebuilt about 3 yrs ago, I was wrong. The motors had 715 hours on them with the "top end" refreshed about 3 yrs ago. That's alot of boating hours!! I am going to repower the HP500's (carb motors) and keep them naturally aspirated about 625-650hp range. I am hoping to be running over 90mph with the new motors.

I am looking for suggestions for engine builders on the West Coast (more geographically desirable for me) I already know about Teague and Pfaff. Let me know about good/bad experiences with these builders. Any info would gladly be appreciated.

Gerard

OffshoreOnly 07-14-2004 05:47 PM

Re: Time to Re-power the Powerplay

Gerard if you want the history on that boat give us a call.

Semper Fi 07-15-2004 02:26 AM

I was really hoping for some suggestions.........anyone?

Thanks for the info on the boat OSO

cigarette1 07-15-2004 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I was really hoping for some suggestions.........anyone?

Thanks for the info on the boat OSO

I know where NOT to go :mad:

OldSchool 07-15-2004 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by cigarette1

:D :D

What's up G?

Semper Fi 07-15-2004 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by cigarette1

Gary,
Please send me a PM with that info. Thanks
G

totalmp 07-16-2004 10:14 AM

We can help you with your repower. We have two service centers that are authorized to do warranty repair for us in your area. We offer a 1 year warranty on our complete engines both EFI or carb. We could also possibly take your 500's on trade.
Give me a call if we can help you in any way.

Steve

Semper Fi 07-16-2004 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by totalmp
We can help you with your repower. We have two service centers that are authorized to do warranty repair for us in your area. We offer a 1 year warranty on our complete engines both EFI or carb. We could also possibly take your 500's on trade.
Give me a call if we can help you in any way.

Steve

thanks Steve for your time and info
Pretty good pricing!

Raylar 07-17-2004 12:59 PM

Semper FI:
If you are interested in a good San Diego shop, talk to Bob at ESI Racing Engines (619)229-7651 on Misson Gorge road. Tell Bob I told you to call. Visit his shop and talk to his people and look at his work. He might be a great local engine shop for you.
Ray @ Raylar

Semper Fi 07-17-2004 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Raylar
Semper FI:
If you are interested in a good San Diego shop, talk to Bob at ESI Racing Engines (619)229-7651 on Misson Gorge road. Tell Bob I told you to call. Visit his shop and talk to his people and look at his work. He might be a great local engine shop for you.
Ray @ Raylar

Thanks Ray