Notices

Herring Props.....

Old 07-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Herring Props.....

I just called and they picked up the phone...

Last edited by Chris288; 07-16-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:42 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
Hey Brandon.....I agree.....hate to lose any speed but the cavitation I am now experiencing out of the hole is unacceptable to me.....especially with full fuel ....so if I lose a couple of mph it would be worth it to me...some good info coming out on this thread......keep it coming!!!

Hey Rich
Bret (out of control) is a new lip ship gladiator with the same set up as yours & is seeing top speed 91+ with 1/2 fuel and 4 people. He is running hering 6 blades 30 x 15.5

Rich you know how my boat runs

Rick OSG
Attached Thumbnails Herring Props.....-osg%601.jpg  
Old 07-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I think for the Gladiator ,6 bladed Herrings are the only proven props that work.The new 5 bladed 32 lab Merc. prop would probably work,but who knows?
Old 07-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran 5 blade labbed 31's on our Cig w/ 575's. Props hooked up real nice , however we did sling a blade off. They're sharp too - bring bandaids and your wallet! BH
Old 07-16-2004, 04:03 PM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
I think for the Gladiator ,6 bladed Herrings are the only proven props that work.The new 5 bladed 32 lab Merc. prop would probably work,but who knows?

Hey Paul
Did you order yours props yet?

Rick OSG
Old 07-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Registered

I, too, have been inquiring about props. Granted, a cat is a different animal (pardon the pun), but:
CPR at LOTO put a set of Herrings on an Eliminator 30 Daytona (replacing Bravo 1's), and picked up nearly TEN MPH on the top end, as well as a significant gain in planing. The X was high on this boat, and it probably didn't have the correct pitch Bravo's but DAMN, that a bunch of increase.
From the guys at CPR, they have used several sets of herrings, and when ordering them were told exactly what performance gains to expect. So far, the gains were just as they were told, if not slightly better.

I am looking to try a set of P-5X's and also some Hydro 6 blades. Julie told me someone else tried them on a DCB and was VERY happy with the new 6 blades.
We'll see.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Super T. These are the props. And these are the second props, the first ones weren't even mine, they were borrowered from Stan Gordon's 37 OuterLimits boat, which had only 8 hours on them. Pat at A.T. put them on for me when he delivered the boat to me in Sarasota PR in Sept 02. It happened as he was getting on plane for the first time, the blade broke off at the base and landed between 2 cats. That could have been a major catastophy. Maximus borrowed us some 4 blades so we could at least do some of the PR. Jim replaced those for Stan Gordon, and then we ordered a set for Radio Active. The same thing happened half way through the next PR, Jim admitted he had problems with overseas subcontractors, and would replace them or fix them. So 3 mos went by I used my 4 blades, put 60 plus hours on them with out any problems, and then decided we wanted something larger, so I called again, and explained the situation. Jim and John said they were extremely busy and would make my new props. I have been very patient, and am a pretty easy going guy, but c'mon, 15 plus months. I just left another message last week, still no call back. Tell me how to handle the situation, Thanks, I'm all ears Jeff Jassby
Attached Thumbnails Herring Props.....-hering-props.jpg  
Old 07-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Rick(osg)
Ordered them with Philly.Cant wait to try them.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Registered

I happened to witness a SCL boat sling a Herring blade from a brand new prop and take out the lower unit. Pretty ugly!! I have heard that they are very fragile props....
Old 07-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Troutly....why are you selling these props....??? What are you using now???

Quick Reply: Herring Props.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.