Notices

Turbo Diesel Powered

Old 05-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Diesel Powered

Originally Posted by ultimate cat
The Mti Was Taboos Boat Which We Took In On Trade Towards The Pro Marine Race Boat We Sold It To A Gentlemen From Ny Who Ran A 36 Spectre With Yanmars And 2spd Trans .. The Spectre Is Now For Sale With Or Without The Yanmars.. The 3 Spd Trans For The Mti Are A 1:1 In Low Gear With 2 Overdrive Shifts.. Also The Arneson 8's Off The Mti Are Going Up For Sale Complete With Trans And Hyd Tie Bar Kit..
why is everything going up for sale, and what made ya all go with 3 speed vs 2. Could you explain how it works. There is no additional top end, just getting up on plane, please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks Jeff
Old 05-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very good questions??? we are going with the 3 spd in the mti because.. all the experience we have had with the spectre the boat would run 100 we were running in to rpm problems the 440 only turns 3450 top end and with a bravo we could only get a 1:24 gear and with a 28% overdrive we were limited on top end the 440 produces so much torque that it would always flatten high pitch props out.. like a 34" wheel would push the boat 105 mph but only for 30 - 45 mins then the speed would drop off as well as the boost would decrease.. stop check the props they would somewhere around a 30" pitch thats why we are going with a 3 spd trans to get more prop shaft speed .. and not ask the prop to have so much load on it..the reason it seems like everythung is for sale is simple.. the person who ownes the spectre traded it for the mti which is also a diesel boat.. we are removing the arneson drives because the trans we have are only overdrive units they do not have reverse or neutral.. thats where the bravos come in.. thats why the arenesons are for sale..thanks for the questions. nick
Old 05-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
There is a 1000hp deisel on the boards, just hold on this will be the power of the future, and also a 1000hr warranty, working on the torque curve, tranny due to the low rpm and torque curve requires some different gear scenarios, but its in the works now,
I think this may be the power of the future
http://www.angellabsllc.com/mytengine.html

Initial run was using BioDiesel.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:07 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, that is cool!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ultimate cat
very good questions??? we are going with the 3 spd in the mti because.. all the experience we have had with the spectre the boat would run 100 we were running in to rpm problems the 440 only turns 3450 top end and with a bravo we could only get a 1:24 gear and with a 28% overdrive we were limited on top end the 440 produces so much torque that it would always flatten high pitch props out.. like a 34" wheel would push the boat 105 mph but only for 30 - 45 mins then the speed would drop off as well as the boost would decrease.. stop check the props they would somewhere around a 30" pitch thats why we are going with a 3 spd trans to get more prop shaft speed .. and not ask the prop to have so much load on it..the reason it seems like everythung is for sale is simple.. the person who ownes the spectre traded it for the mti which is also a diesel boat.. we are removing the arneson drives because the trans we have are only overdrive units they do not have reverse or neutral.. thats where the bravos come in.. thats why the arenesons are for sale..thanks for the questions. nick
Thanks for the help, and honesty.

Does anyone (other than ZF's 2 speed) make a 3-5 speed tranny that has reverse. The application being used is a twin 480's/ASD8's in a 43 Norteck V. THANKS JEFF
Old 05-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Registered

what i would reccomend is a bam trans which i can install a 3spd overdrive unit to ..
Old 05-18-2006, 02:16 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
Thanks for the help, and honesty.

Does anyone (other than ZF's 2 speed) make a 3-5 speed tranny that has reverse. The application being used is a twin 480's/ASD8's in a 43 Norteck V. THANKS JEFF
i believe weisman makes his with reverse (i know he just did a 4 speed with reverse for callans v-12's) i think you can get up to a 6 speed from pat...
Old 05-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sean H
i believe weisman makes his with reverse (i know he just did a 4 speed with reverse for callans v-12's) i think you can get up to a 6 speed from pat...

How do these multi speeds work. Is it all automatic, upshifting and downshifting. What would be cool if it was like the paddle shift like on formula cars or like the new vette or bmw on the steering wheel, but I know this is not a race boat. I just wish some of the car technology was present in the boat industry, I always feel like it's a struggle to gain progress, always behind the times. Especially with dieseled powered boats. Thanks Jeff
Old 05-21-2006, 03:08 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I love the sound of a high power cummins tow rig. I want my diesel truck to mimic a big rig. But you guys are correct about it lacking that certain dock idle sound we have come to cherish in our boats. The duramax and powerstroke guys have the v8's which are a bit closer to big block bowtie.

Listen to this duramax

http://dieselpowermag.com/videos/0603dp_dmax/

makes you wonder what the future of marine diesel power will offer.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:20 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
How do these multi speeds work. Is it all automatic, upshifting and downshifting. What would be cool if it was like the paddle shift like on formula cars or like the new vette or bmw on the steering wheel, but I know this is not a race boat. I just wish some of the car technology was present in the boat industry, I always feel like it's a struggle to gain progress, always behind the times. Especially with dieseled powered boats. Thanks Jeff
i believe they are auto, but i bet you can get paddle shifts if you want to put up the $$$$

UIM has already been there done that with diesels and multi speeds, so i wouldn't say there is no progress, just a lack of acceptance in the market for stuff like that, nobody is gonna build stuff people don't want....

Quick Reply: Turbo Diesel Powered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.