Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though. >

"I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.

Notices

"I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.

Old 07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.

Put Monsoon in the water at Sandy Point State Park, on the Chesapeake Bay to head over to Red Eyes and watch the Poker Run, and meet up with the RBPA who headed into town. She ran 76mph with just me on the boat, Full tanks, and full coolers/overnight gear...

...less than 5 miles over to Red Eyes, and as I come off plane... Bad vibration and noise from the SB drive:

2003 B1 XZ Drive behind 496HO, 137 hours or so:
Attached Thumbnails "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.-kn_brian0112.jpg   "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.-kn_brian0113.jpg   "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.-kn_brian0115.jpg  

Old 07-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Default Re: "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.

Started calling a few Service Shops immediately on a Saturday afternoon.

BK at Offshore Performance picks up. He could not have been nicer; and says leave it in front of the shop, and we will flush both motors, and tear her down on Monday.

By Noon on Monday, when I made it back out to OP with my drive lock keys (duh), they had already found a key to remove the bad drive, and had it tore down, and estimate being prepared.

Thank goodness for warranty, and thank goodness for good friends in the Marine Industry. BIG props to Offshore Performance for taking care of me. Hope to be back in the water this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.-kn_brian0116.jpg   "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.-kn_brian0117.jpg   "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.-kn_brian0118.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-19-2004 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:28 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Default Re: "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.

"Its not IF your drive blows... its WHEN." Thanks BK and John, as well as the whole crew at OP for taking care of this with the least amount of pain possible. Warranty is a good thing.
Attached Thumbnails "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.-kn_brian0111.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-19-2004 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Thats great to hear that you got serviced right away, sounds like a great co. good luck for next weekend, Jeff
Old 07-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear they jumped on it so quickly Brian, and it was good to put a few down with ya over the weekend. I was the token add-on HRPA rep to hang with the Richmond boyz & gals...
Old 07-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

And well represented the HRPA was by Rick!!! Good to see you; and see you in 2 weeks.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn me and Monica need to get are asses down there and get a ride on one of your boats Cignifcant or yours Bri I know you drive it like you stole it right
Old 07-21-2004, 06:08 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same happened with me earlier this year, no vibration but small lube leak. found chipped gears and $2,300 later back in water.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:39 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian, I'm glad to hear you'll be running again soon with minimal pain.

Very cool
Old 07-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear everything went so smoothly Brian. You took a broken drive alot better than I would have. It was a great weekend despite your drive and the rain going home on Sunday. We will see you on the Potomac this weekend.
Rick, it was nice seeing you along with the Richmond crew. I look forward to doing some boating down your way.

Ty and Caroline

Quick Reply: "I shagged a rotten (drive) baby!"... Huge thanks to Offshore Performance though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.