Any Hallett T-400 owners out there? >

Any Hallett T-400 owners out there?

Notices

Any Hallett T-400 owners out there?

Old 07-21-2004, 04:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Any Hallett T-400 owners out there?

Hi!

Any Hallett T-400 owners out there. Got a mail from Hallett today, and their T-400 should run 85 mph with twin 525's. Any experiences with the boat?

Cheeeers, Toffen G
Old 07-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any Hallett T-400 owners out there?

Try to track down burtandnancy..

He has a 40 Hallett with big power...
Old 07-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

Yes, I have one, however with a little more horsepower than that. Nancy and I love the boat, it does everything perfectly, thanks to a perfect fuel injection system and two speed transmissions which allow us to use the marina at wakeless speeds. The only reason we're selling it at this time, the water level at our lake is very low and not expected to come back anytime soon (Lake Mead, NV) and the heat there is starting to get to us. This boat was built at a cost in excess of $600,000 and it is for sale for $175,000. As you recognize, the price of the SC motors and SSM #6 drives is very high. A demo ride can be arranged within a three hour notice...
Old 07-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

How much horsepower do you have and what kind of speed is your boat running (cruise and wot)?

How do you feel the T-400 handle rough seas? As you know the sea can be tough here up north in Norway.

How many hours have your engines been running?

Cheeeers, Toffen
Old 07-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered

Toffen. The motors were pulled out in the summer of '03 and dynoed at 904 hp each (I have the dyno sheets) They have been de-tuned to run on my marina gas which is only 91 octane. There is brand new EFI which makes these motors very, very smooth, quiet and idle at 800 rpm. At that time I also installed complete new belt drive systems, serpentine belts, IMCO Gatlin mufflers, new batteries and some upgrades to the electrical system. It has a 12 VDC and 120VAC system, house battery, shore power and charging system. The boat cruises at 60 mph at 3400 rpm (props are 17x30 four blade. This particular boat has never been in rough water, just lake chop. However I did take the very first Hallett 400 on its maiden voyage to Catalina and came home in extremely rough conditions. It really punched thru some huge swells, and the wind got us wet, but the boat is extremely solid. My boat has white leather interior with blue trim, TV/VCR, microwave, refrigerator, electric flush head and holding tank, and an unbelievable sound system (but us old timers don't appreciate this). The trailer is very, very nice, with 7 brand new, heavy duty tires (less than 250 miles. The boat has probably 100 hour on it, 25 since the dyno last summer. Come on over for a test drive. We're 20 minutes from Las Vegas...ps, my e-mail address is:
[email protected]
Old 07-22-2004, 04:01 AM
Registered

Tried looking for a used T-400 last year and could not locate anything. The one Jeff had listed for a long time sold and they did not take down any of the advertisements.........they were all over the i-net.
Do you have this boat listed any where? All ready got a new boat ...but would like to look at the pics.......thought the Halletts are a great lookin boat
Old 07-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Registered

enticer, yes this is the boat. As explained above, it took some work (expense) but this is one sweet boat. There is one poor photo shown on boattraderonline.com or I could mail you something (not e-mail, I'm not competent to do photos yet). The boat is on a hydrohoist in a covered slip at Lake Mead (Las Vegas) NV. Come on out for a spin around the lake...
Old 07-23-2004, 01:13 AM
Registered

I was in Burts Hallett at Lake Mead on Labor Day (he was nice enough to give my wife and I a tour) and I must say I have never seen a nicer Hallett (gotta see the engine compartment). The side entry door is a great plus also.

Burt,
If you sell the boat by itself I may be interested in the hoist.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered

Thanx, Dusty, kind words. However, if I sell the boat without the hydrohoist, I have to turn the slip back into the marine management. There is a five year waiting list. I may get an offer for the slip and just sink the boat...
Old 07-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Registered

Burt, would love to come to Lake Mead........but I would only start to cry again. Was out there last year in October and it brought tears to my eyes to see the Lake and the rim. I can't believe that the Lake Mead Marina is out so far.........it's like a 1/4 mi past the ramps and Las Vegas Marina..........you need a ride in a boat to get to your boat at the marina. I don't mean YOUR boat but anyones boat in general. In 1999 we were out there also to look at Paul Tracy's boat and the lake was fine.