Northern Michigan Fun Run Roll Call!!! >

Northern Michigan Fun Run Roll Call!!!

Notices

Northern Michigan Fun Run Roll Call!!!

Old 07-21-2004, 06:30 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Northern Michigan Fun Run Roll Call!!!

Who else is making the trip north? cant wait!!!Saturday Charlivoix! BE THERE!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:33 AM
ISurvivedNMU

Default Re: Northern Michigan Fun Run Roll Call!!!

I need more info..... I would be trailering from Bay City........ This Saturday??

Old 07-21-2004, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the info, you are more than welcome, but we need a head count for food and a hand count for cards asap. looks like 15-20 boats.

5th Annual Northern Michigan
POKER/FUN RUN 2004
JULY 24

This is NOT an organized event or Poker Run! (This will become painfully evident as the day goes on). You and your captions are solely responsible for your actions, safety, course navigation and ability to follow all Coast Guard Regulations. This event grows with each passing year. Remember…when you spend all day on the lake(s), things can and do happen. Please use good judgement and be safe!

This year we have come up with two routes depending on the water conditions. Both routes will begin at 9:30 am SHARP in Charlevoix’s Round Lake:
Route #1 – Calm conditions - cards to be distributed in all locations
Round Lake – Charlevoix
Leland
S. Manitou Island
Northport
Round Lake – Charlevoix
Route #2 – Rough Conditions (this is usually the way) – cards to be distributed in last 5 locations
Round Lake - Charlevoix
Northport
Suttons Bay
Marion Island
Elk Rapids
Round Lake – Charlevoix

We will hold a meeting in Round Lake at 9:00 am SHARP to go over route & answer questions!

Everyone will be “putting in” in Lake Charlevoix – the ramp is nice, water is deep, the docks long (hmmm – I’m liking it already) and plenty of area to store your vehicle and trailer. We will launch from Ferry Beach in Charlevoix – plan to be there about an hour before meeting time.

We are doing this year’s Poker/Fun Run a little different than in the past. Everything is going to be ala carte – this will make it easier on everyone. As in the past Poker hands will remain $20.00 per. You may buy as many as you like – please let us know ASAP about how many hands you will want. We will collect CASH for each hand the morning of the event, so that CASH may be given to the winner. AS IN THE PAST – IF YOU ARE A NON-BOAT-OWNER IT IS ONLY FAIR TO SPLIT THE WINNINGS WITH THE CAPTAIN. REMEMBER, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE RIDE!!

Items for Sale this year: (Everything is black, embroidered with logo, and personalized w/boat name)

Baseball caps - $20.00
Long sleeve tees - $17.50
Short sleeve tees - $14.50
Crew Sweatshirts - $29.00
Hooded Sweatshirts - $33.00

For these items – make Check out to: Personal Graphics mail checks to: Doug Houlmont – P.O. Box 655
Petoskey, MI 49770. WE NEED TO KNOW BY TUESDAY, JULY 6TH WHICH ITEMS YOU WANT, AND SIZES!! OUR PHONE NUMBER IS 231-348-7533.

Dinner this year will be $7.00 per person – again do the math – please send check made out to Doug Houlmont for this!! Dinner to be provided by Mancino’s Restaurant – they have excellent food. There will be pizza and salad. There may be other foods – but this is what I know to be true.

This year’s event will be run by PISTEROV (aka Doug) – and we will be monitoring Channel 69

We will be spending the night (for those of you who opt to) in Round Lake this year. We will have a boat already anchored in the lake so that we may raft off. We will also have a dingy that will make “shore runs” for potties, purchases, etc. This is Venetian Festival Weekend, therefore, there will be fireworks for your enjoyment – we arranged this just for the Poker/Fun Run (if you believe that…). The only problem with this situation, is that the “fuzz”, “water cops”, whatever you want to call them will be “around”.

This should be another fun year – can’t wait to see everyone!!
Old 07-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I'm stoked!!!The weather looks AUSOME!!!Saturday sunny highs in the 70's winds n-ne at less than 10 mph!!!Perfect all weekend I took Monday off too!!!

Last edited by dyno; 07-21-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:15 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

just us I guess....
Old 07-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don, 19 boats that are firm, i think there will be over 20 so we are not alone. there are at least a few more oso geeks as well.
scott