Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Noise NAZI's are gunnin' for me! >

Noise NAZI's are gunnin' for me!

Notices

Noise NAZI's are gunnin' for me!

Old 07-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Noise NAZI's are gunnin' for me!

Kurt,

When seeing the photo of the ass-end of your boat in the magazine concerning the Konrad dealio, it looked like you already have mufflers on the cig. Have you done a 4 x 4 to check dB? Hopefully, you will be ok.

Just sounds like someone moving in and thinking they own the lake. I live on a lake and we have (had) the same problem with a rich guy that thinks he owns the cove.

Good luck
Old 07-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

two separate problems here:

1. the azzhole neighbor; in my experience with these types, there is no appeasing them no matter what you do, I'd stay away from direct confrontation because he just might be the type to accuse you of threatening him with harm, then you got more trouble......get the legal muffs and do your own test to make sure they are legal, then run that bad boy any time and anywhere its legal

2. the corrupt Head Dick Police Chief....not much you can do here unless there is evidence you can obtain that he is harrassing you because of a political favor to azzhole neighbor............try to make friends with the water patrol guys so they see you really are not the problem.....I'd swing by and say "Hi" if you see them around as you're cruising....most of these guys like to see these boats and don't usually get to ride in them...invite them for a ride if they are up for it.....try to do it in a part of the lake that is away from where azzhole neighbor can see this......good luck Kurt
Old 07-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When/if you do donuts and party by his dock, don't forget he has the video camera rolling.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Registered

By a very loud, big cc Harley. Put on a deck boat, anchor in front of his house and have a ball. As far as I know, they dont check them for DB level yet, at least not here.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Pay the cops more that he is.

Find out what the law is, abide by it completely and sue for harasment if you get pulled over more than once for the same issue.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Take a bunch of Marine Patrol out and they'll stop bugging you because they want their own!

LS JR.

Seriously - become friends with the marine patrol. If you can't beat em, join em!
Old 07-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just go kick his ass!!!

ok, only kidding... I agree with the muffler route. Beat him at his own game, Winni is the worst for noise, thankfully our new Donzi has Q&Q and it passes nicely. I know he's going to cost you some $$$ by b***ing, but if you beat him quietly, it will show him your a smarter and bigger man than he is. He sounds like he has it in for you (and the Cig.) so you gettin' mad at him just makes him that much happier and fuels his fire.

Muffle it, and subsequently muffle him. If that doesn't work, theeeen - kick his ass!!
Old 07-23-2004, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Kurt,

Get some mufflers that keep your boat quiet below the states noise limits. Have it tested twice to make sure it passes the limits. Make sure the rest of your boat is fully legal. Get a good video camera and keep it on board at all times. If you get stopped turn on the camera and video the whole shakedown. You don't have to have a good shot while they hassle you, just aim it in the general direction so that it records the sound. Also you can narrate what is happening. I bet the officers will be very nice when the camera is running and if you keep getting hassled you have the undisputable proof of harrassment. They cannot make you turn off the camera as far as I know. Make sure you know a good lawyer too.

Good luck
Old 07-23-2004, 01:34 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Are turbine engines any quieter than what you've got?
Old 07-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Registered

I bet the officers will be very nice when the camera is running and if you keep getting hassled you have the undisputable proof of harrassment.
1.) How is vidoetaping them doing there job gonna be proof of harrassment? All you're gonna do is show them doing there job. You would have to show repeated stops by the same officer to prove some kind of harrassment.

2.) What makes you think the cops aren't already taping the incident themselves? I have spent the good part of my career "on camera", it is the best defense for my actions ever invented. It has saved my butt from several claims of abuse and yes 'harrassment'.

Seriously, the best suggestion is to be legal and get to know the marine officers. If you are legal, and compliant with the law, you have nothing to worry about. The next time a complaint is filed the officers can respond with, "sorry he's perfectly legal, there's nothing we can do."

Quick Reply: Noise NAZI's are gunnin' for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.