Florida Class A,B,C License ? >

Florida Class A,B,C License ?

Notices

Florida Class A,B,C License ?

Old 07-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida Class A,B,C License ?

So now in Florida, you have to have a Class A,B, or C drivers license to drive a 3/4 ton or larger truck ??? WTF ??? For those who don't know, in Florida, Class E and D are standard licenses, Class A,B, or C are commercial heavy truck license. They now are ticketing drivers of 3/4 ton and larger and large SUV's if you don't have a Class A licences or better. So now all the soccer mom's in the Excursions are Semi Drivers also so watch out !!!! Dave
Old 07-23-2004, 08:33 AM
Banned

Default Re: Florida Class A,B,C License ?

I hadn't heard about this change.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Registered

Supposivley it's not a change. The law states, I beleive, any vehicle with a GVW of over 8000 lbs. you have to have a Class A,B, or C license to drive it. They are just now starting to enforce it. So what about all the motor homes? Dave
Old 07-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Banned

If they start pulling over those well heeled Floridians with the half million dollar motor homes, I'm sure a lot of our law makers will be getting phone calls. If they only pull us hardworking guys that need a truck to make a living, they won't hear crap!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Wardey is correct, there was an article in the orlando sentinel the other day about it. Supposedly, it's just a written test and $20 to upgrade to a class C and there is also a bill in front of the FL Leg. to repeal this law. I going to stop 1 day at the DMV and ask about it.
MD
Old 07-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

motor homes DO require a special liscence in most if not all states . Some people just don't know it . It is a class (what ever) , "non" -comercial liscence .
Old 07-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Registered

Wardey is correct about the requirements. A friend of ChrisK got stopped and tagged for driving a 1 ton Ford without having the proper class license. Got tagged and told that he would be arrested if he tried to drive it off. He had to get somebody else to drive the truck home. Its not a new law there, they are now just enforceing it more. When I transfered my license over from PA, it was given a Class D rating. This allows me to opperate a vehicle up to 26000 lbs gvw.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Banned

I called the driver's license office to ask about it. Of course, you can't speak to a person, only a recorded message.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Registered

Yeah, and when you go in person, expect to wait about 4 hours in line.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Registered

322.53 (2) The following persons are exempt from the requirement to obtain a commercial driver's license:

(a) Drivers of authorized emergency vehicles.

(b) Military personnel driving military vehicles.

(c) Farmers transporting farm supplies or farm machinery within 150 miles of their farm, or transporting agricultural products to or from the first place of storage or processing or directly to or from market, within 150 miles of their farm.

(d) Drivers of recreational vehicles, as defined in s. 320.01.

(e) Drivers who operate straight trucks, as defined in s. 316.003, that are exclusively transporting their own tangible personal property which is not for sale.

(f) An employee of a publicly owned transit system who is limited to moving vehicles for maintenance or parking purposes exclusively within the restricted-access confines of a transit system's property.

322.54 (d) Any person, except a person who possesses a valid Class A, valid Class B, or valid Class C driver's license, who drives a truck or a truck tractor having a gross vehicle weight rating, a declared weight, or an actual weight, whichever is greatest, of 8,000 pounds or more but less than 26,001 pounds, or which has a width of more than 80 inches must possess a valid Class D driver's license. Any person who possesses a valid Class D driver's license may, subject to the appropriate restrictions and endorsements, drive any type of motor vehicle, other than the type of motor vehicle for which a Class A, Class B, or Class C driver's license is required, within this state.

Quick Reply: Florida Class A,B,C License ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.