Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tan-Tar-A @ LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83767-tan-tar-%40-loto.html)

RMPRam 07-23-2004 02:38 PM

Tan-Tar-A @ LOTO

I have a room and a dock space booked @ the Tan-Tar-A @ LOTO for the shootout in Aug. and am bringing my 38 Cigarette pulled by a 1T Chev. dually.
Question for those of you that are familiar with LOTO and the Tan-Tar-A, can i negotiate the windy downhill roads,there,to get my boat to their launch?

SR-24 07-23-2004 03:23 PM

Re: Tan-Tar-A @ LOTO

I just booked at Lazy Days and need to know the same thing. My boat is 33' and the ramp looks decent, but is there any room to manuever your vehicle and park? Most of the places I've been to are really scary and have no room to even turn around.

MnFastBoat 07-23-2004 03:54 PM

I cannot answer for Tan Tara, however at Lazy Days I would not even think let alone try to put a boat longer then 22' at the Lazy days ramp :(
Public Launch is recommended. :)

SR-24 07-23-2004 03:57 PM

Thanks MNFastBoat!

MitchStellin 07-23-2004 04:35 PM

Stay away from Lazy Days, it is meant for fishermen, the other ramp just past the bridge is better but there are no docks at the ramp, not so bad to put in but horrible to take out. The one i am talking about is in Ostage Beach.

TxHawk 07-23-2004 07:08 PM

Tan Tar will wear you out launching but it can be done. When we launched there last year there were some 40 ft boat goin in also. The truck will be hurting at the top of the hill.

Von Bongo 07-23-2004 10:38 PM

Why take the pain when PB2 is there? Plus you get the bonus of a nice boat ride to Tan-tar-A

Sydwayz 07-23-2004 10:57 PM

PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 PB2 ! ! (to launch)

Yes, Lazy Days does still have secured trailer storage.

Harper220 07-23-2004 11:10 PM

PB2 at state park is your best bet. They actually have two different launch areas with plenty of room to maneuver and plenty of trailer parking. Very nice facility.
You'll then have roughly a 10-11 mile ride around to Tan-Tar-A. We're at Crown Pointe 24mm about 3 miles from T-T-A. Look for the Red & Yellow lightning bolt 28 Daytona. This will be my 3rd time to shoot out, good time, great boats! Happy boating!

OshkoshThunder 07-23-2004 11:19 PM

Was there last year for the Shoot Out and checked out things for our 42' MTI for this year. There is a nice ramp to the left as you come into the Tan Tar A that you can get to without much problem for the experienced tower (some corners and pitch) that has plenty of water at the landing. Plus there was a lot of parking there. Would not hesitate to launch a 42 footer there...

Mark