Notices

Reward!!!

Old 07-25-2004, 09:05 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Reward!!!

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
When I leave my boat at the marina, I make sure I back up till the drives hit the fence, then push a little further!

Thats one way!!
Old 07-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the thefts. Too bad that when they catch those azzholes they can't cut their hands off. Make it a little more difficult for them to steal again.

I park my boat in my driveway, backed in. I have a motion detector wired to exterior lights, a video camera, and a buzzer in my house.

I'm also one of those "radical right wing gun nuts"...
Old 07-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Where in Annapolis did these thefts occur?

Have you contacted the local high performance shops and prop guys to be on the lookout?

I'm only 15 miles from Annapolis so I will definately be on the lookout for ya.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Registered

It happened at the Pier 7 marina on rt 2. I'm pretty new to the area so I really have no idea where to even start looking. It's pretty funny, I lived in a horrible "hood" while in LA now I move back to beautiful Annapolis and I get robbed.

Any of you folks in the area that could point me in the right area to start looking that would be great.

Thanks.
Roy
Old 07-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roy, please post about this on www.cbpba.com also. We have a large amount of members in that area and they may hear or see something to help you. Also it would be a good warning to them. I will try and get the word out also and get you any info I can.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fastrrrr
It happened at the Pier 7 marina on rt 2. I'm pretty new to the area so I really have no idea where to even start looking. It's pretty funny, I lived in a horrible "hood" while in LA now I move back to beautiful Annapolis and I get robbed.

Any of you folks in the area that could point me in the right area to start looking that would be great.

Thanks.
Roy

Hey Roy, sorry to hear about your drives, I live in Edgewater and keep my boat a little up the river from you in Ramsey Lake and will keep my ears open. Like Ted said, make a post on the CBPBA website, to touch more locals, also I would touch base with all the local shops to let them know to watch out for your drives.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Watch ebay. My prop turned up on there. Also call every marina within 100 miles. One marina that I called had talked to the cops and gave me a referal. That reference was the link that was needed to make the bust.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:19 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Roy, ditto what Ted and Pat said, post something on our website as well since we're very local to you. This happened to a buddy of mine a couple years back. Immediately check the Penny Saver ads in Essex & Middle River area. Found his drive for sale.

For future reference, etch/engrave identifying data on the drive in an inconspicuous area. Use a dremel tool and conceal it under the cavitation plate or in other inconspicuous area, and cover with paint. Even carve your initials in the side somewhere, anything to help you identify it in case you find it for sale in the PS mag. In almost every case, the serial numbers are the first thing to go, so no loss there if you don't have them. Good luck.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 07-31-2004, 11:43 AM
Registered

Default theft ring!!!

the police told me that three other marina were hit the week that my boat waz (zorry my computer iz broken and I'm mizzing the letter between a and d). Along with the pier 7 marina where my boat waz, the liberty marina and oak grove marinaz were alzo hit. Only performance boatz were hit. If one of you guy'z from CBPA could pozt a warning that haz my phone number 310 872 0912 on it that would be great (I don't want to zound like an idiot becauze I am mizzing the letter).

Thank you all for the help.

Roy Cochran