Notices

allstate insurance

Old 07-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default allstate insurance

got this off of the carolina power boat site -- not sure if it applies to all states

but i checked with my agent -- i'm now going to save about 300 bucks!!

Allstate Insurance Company has a current incentive program for boat insurance from July 1 - August 31. This is a great opportunity for powerboats as Allstate will waive credit scoring and speed restrictions. Eligibility is subject to Allstate's underwriting guidelines and requires another line of coverage such as auto or home.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Registered

Default Re: allstate insurance

Do you know if that is just allstate insurance co. or also allstate indemnity co. ?
Old 07-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought Allstate got out of insuring boats a long time ago. They use to have some great policy's at good prices. From what I remember they were too good and had to get out of it.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Registered

I have a 2005 30 Spectre with 300 's .No problem with Allstate .I have had all my boat 's with them.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Allstate is one of my companies that claim they can insure boats that initially dont fit their eligibility guidelines, but will if they have supporting lines, i.e. home or auto. Depends on the situation. This applies also if you have had no claims, makes the issue easier to deal with.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:27 AM
Registered

I have my home, auto and boat ins. with allstate. They saved me about $900.00 per year compared to standard boat ins. companys with comperable coverage.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll never, ever, go back to Allstate.

We had our auto and homeowners ins. with them for 12 years. We moved to Florida and they promptly dropped us without warning, or reason. That move put us on the black list (high risk list) for three years and cost me a bundle.
Basturds!!!!

"You're in good hands with Allstate"......yeah right.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

All of the auto insurers that sell boat insurance do not provide protection and indemnity liabiliity,they only provide watercraft liability(PROPERTY DAMAGE AND BODILY INJURY) and most of the maritime law issues are not covered leaving the boat owner wide open for many thousands of dollars in potential losses and claims.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Registered

They did this same thing last year and I insured my cat with them and saved a ton of money.They did not even ask of the speed of the boat.Anyway I had a claim and listen to this.I have All aluminum SBC Blower motors with dry sump system,putting out about 785hp each.Last year I was haullin a$$ down the lake when my alternator bracket broke and the alternator fell on the oil pump belt wiping it out,well you can only imagine what happened with no oil pressure at 5000 rpm.Kaaboom!Well my wife ,who works for allstate in the personal claims department told me to look at the policy and see what it said.I told her she was out of her mind that no insurance company would pay for that.But in the policy it says they will not pay for mechanical failure but WILL PAY FOR DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE MECHANICAL FAILURE.Well there was about 6k worth of damage.All I had to do was make a claim and send pictures of the blown internals an explanation of what happened and an estimate.Low and behold I got a call back and we settled within one day.The only thing they asked was how many hours on the engine and I told them 25(which was correct).They said that they would have to give me depreciation of 5% and they cut me a check for 5700 to fix the motor.This is true and it has nothing to do with my wife working for them.Employees get no special benefit from allstae at all for their insurance needs.This was last year and I just got my bill for this year and it is the same premium.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a '96 232 Baja burn up in a boatel fire back in '99. Had Allstate at the time. They had so many customers in the building that they set up an RV on site. I showed up to settle my claim and walked out 20 minutes later with a check in hand. I had actual cash value and they paid me in full! (Boat prices had soared during that time and the boat actually booked out for more than I paid for it.) I went out and bought me a brand new 272 with that check.

Quick Reply: allstate insurance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.