Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any GM techs, or glass guys out there??? >

Any GM techs, or glass guys out there???

Notices

Any GM techs, or glass guys out there???

Old 07-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any GM techs, or glass guys out there???

OK, heres the story,

2001 Silverado, just out of warranty

Put the passenger side window down this morning to clean the water from an overnight rain, and when I went to put it back up, it went up real slow, heard a slipping noise, and now it wont go up any further, it is about 80% of the way up, and you know how it rains in FL . I dont believe it is due to the wetness, since it went up slow a few days ago also, but went all the way up. I can hear the relay clicking, so I believe the switch, and relay are OK.

I have replaced plenty of power window motors, but when I look this one up, the price is ridiculous, and it seems to only come with the rgulator assy??

Do I have to replace the whole dealio, or can I get a motor somewhere??

If I have to replace the assy, can someone give me a little guidance, I have never done the regulator stuff before.

Yes this is boating related, because it is in the truck I use to tow my boat, and if I dont get it fixed before the weekend, i wont be doing any boating.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any GM techs, or glass guys out there???

Rick,

If you dont get it fixed by the weekend, You could always put a couple strips of that clear duct tape on there to fill the rest of the 20%. Jay may have some

No need to let a small window malfunction keep you from boating.....even if it rains while you are out on the boat......who cares, you dont sit on that side anyways!!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Registered

Should be a pn#88981019 for the motor only list price is $78.95. If you want to post the last 8 of the vin just so I can double check it. I can give you a good price on the part.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Registered

I have heard this is this a problem, some cable pulley deal. You may want to take it apart first.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Jerry B
Platinum Member

Been to Fla. a few times. It does rain some.
I checked on the part here where I work. Motor is not available seperate from GM. I dont know if you can buy it aftermarket. List price is $217.48. Ouch!
I have installed several regulators but not one of these. Several of the newer ones have a cable drive which makes me think you would not be able to buy an aftermarket motor. Most of the time when the window moves slowly and quits it's the motor. Some of the trim panels can be difficult to remove. It helps to have a clip tool so you dont break the door trim panel. Some of the regulators have large pop rivets that will have to be drilled out and take a big gun to reinstall. If you can get to the back side you can bolt it back in but clearence could be a problem in a couple of places and the workings of the regulator will have to clear the bolts or nuts so watch for that too. Have someone hold the glass up while you remove the regulator from the door. It hurts if it falls on your hands and there are lots of sharp edges inside the door.

Good luck.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Registered

Here is the whole V.I.N.

1GCEK14T41E191971
Old 07-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hi-perf-2000
Rick,

If you dont get it fixed by the weekend, You could always put a couple strips of that clear duct tape on there to fill the rest of the 20%. Jay may have some

No need to let a small window malfunction keep you from boating.....even if it rains while you are out on the boat......who cares, you dont sit on that side anyways!!
LMAO,

Yeah, I am sure Jason has some Duct Tape!!!

I'll just leave the truck in the garage, and make him tow it if his is not running by then!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Registered

Cool Re: Any GM techs, or glass guys out there???

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Here is the whole V.I.N.

1GCEK14T41E191971
Isnt that truck stolen???????????
Old 07-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by buckknekkid
Isnt that truck stolen???????????
sometimes I wish it would get stolen!!!!!!!

Just Joking, it has been a good truck, just wish I had the $$$$ to get a bigger one!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Jerry B
Platinum Member

OK. I'm just a mechanic. Not the parts man. After looking at the post by , "Just Once" I had the parts dept. look again. Now they tell me you can get the motor seperate. First time in 25 years they ever made a mistake. Anyway I can confirm the price and part # that Just Once posted.
Just be sure you dont have a problem with the regulator itself.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Any GM techs, or glass guys out there???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.